04:40
Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > Poker > Poker
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

same old story

Old January 6th, 2013, 20:32
I am Titty fancier

Default same old story

Decided to try the poker again this year after a short sabatical, ladbrokes is my main poker site,been there for many years and im a believer in better the devil you know. I try to play the £20 tournament at 7pm as most often than not it attracts 100+ runners and finishes at a reasonable hour, the last 3 nights I have busted out after a couple of hours when holding a healthy stack,tonight was very similar to previous nights, Im dealt jd-jh small raise from me and im put all-in by chip leader who is holding ad-qd, I call and the flop coms 9d-5c-js, Im thinking tonight could be the night, turn card is a worrying 10d and Im thinking flocking hell dont river a diamond,Im so glad to see the kc on the river that I didnt realise he had the straight and I was out,
Now this scenario does happen but Im not sure it can happen in the real world on three consecutive nights, so I have decided poker can flock off for another year or atleast until Tuesday night when Im bored, just needed to share this miracle with other poker players to make me feel better.
Old January 6th, 2013, 23:49
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2

Yes mate, thats the sort of run i'm on at the moment,twats keep hitting their river cards ..Not to mention these last two Saturdays i dont think ive found a winner on the horses ..
Still not to worry, these things have a way of going in cycles, and i'm thinking the up-turn is just around the corner, just in time for the Cheltenham festival

glk mate,
Oh i have a new poker account with laddies', maybe i might use it one day soon
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mcmanus1-2.jpg (62.7 KB, 3 views)
Old January 7th, 2013, 00:02
Dedicated Punter

if youd posted this on the sky forum andy , you would have numerous smug "experts" , telling you thats it varience
Old January 7th, 2013, 15:26
Derby Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobie2089 View Post
if youd posted this on the sky forum andy , you would have numerous smug "experts" , telling you thats it varience
hahahaaha ..yes that old smug faced fiddling robbing lying bastard ****, who incidentally is a cnut
other than that, i've nothing to say to him, or about him
Old January 8th, 2013, 17:58
Serious Punter

Quote:
LOL too true!!!.

Interesting to observe though on that forum that the dates for the SPT's have yet to be announced (Like I give a rats arse about that place anymore!) and I just find it unusual for the delay - JUST SAYING!.........:)
Old January 9th, 2013, 13:46
Dedicated Punter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyOneCT View Post
LOL too true!!!.

Interesting to observe though on that forum that the dates for the SPT's have yet to be announced (Like I give a rats arse about that place anymore!) and I just find it unusual for the delay - JUST SAYING!.........:)
apparently kendall had this to say in the forum about the spt >>>>>

Good morning Gentlemen.

It's good to know you look forward to these SPT's.

Apologies for the delay, but we are changing some things this year, & we will let you know just as soon as everything is signed & sealed.

To a degree, it is "with others" but, fingers crossed, there may be some news in the next few days. As you will infer from this, it is quite complicated. If we can broker the arrangements we are trying for, it will be worth the wait, imo.

As always, there will always be plenty of notice for SPT's. All things considered, I very much doubt there wil be an SPT in February now.

Your patience & understanding is appreciated
Old January 9th, 2013, 18:16
Derby Winner

Wink It's political i'd say

Laugh and cry when i read your post Dobie about his forum ..
this from him >
Quote: If we can broker the arrangements we are trying for, it will be worth the wait, imo. < UnQuote:
What he means is, "If he can find a way to make it worth his while"

I'll tell ya something about him from the early days of Sky , He tried to get The Victoria Club (Edgware Road London) for his tour.. They wouldn't give him what he wanted
Hence why he always slagged them off every opportunity on TV and hence why he dosen't play there ..
He said he didn't like it there, or want to play there ..
There is another side to that story but lets just say, their not stupid at the 'Vic'

My guess would be he wants to get DTD Nottingham for his 'roadshow' ..
Oh that's if his contract gets renewed , a lttle 'bird' tells me there could be a story in that, sometime not to far away

Does it show that i don't like him and his Skypoker ?? (Robbing cnuts still owes me big time)
Old January 9th, 2013, 18:25
Dedicated Punter

i agree totally Benny ...but the problem is he gets rid of the ones who see through him on there, hence leaving the sheep who lap up his duplicituous bullshit
Old January 9th, 2013, 18:41
Derby Winner

Quote:
i agree totally Benny ...but the problem is he gets rid of the ones who see through him on there, hence leaving the sheep who lap up his duplicituous bullshit

Yes, your right, he did get rid of some great people , but, who knows tomorrow is another day
Old January 9th, 2013, 18:43
Serious Punter

Benny will exactly know what I'm referring to but I cannot wait to hear and possibly use the term myself "I told you so" to several people who actually buy into some of the major league bullshit that is spouted on the forum and from HIM.