05:37
Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > Poker > Poker
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

badbeats

Old May 19th, 2011, 20:25
I am Titty fancier

Unhappy badbeats

I normally dont moan about such things,as its poker,but im flabbergasted at the latest debacle on ladbrokes the other night in the 25k at 7pm. After 4+ hrs of hard work I look down on a-q and call a small raise,the flop comes a-a-q,put in small raise and someone goes all-in,he shows a-8,happy days until river brings a queen for split pot.next hand look down on a-a,im big blind , two all-ins before me,7-7 and 10-10,obviously call and 7 hits,im still healthy with chips,next hand look down on j-j,chippie raises 5k,everyone folds to me and im all-in for 14k,chippie calls with a-10 and hits the ace on turn.
Im a bit gobsmacked and disillusioned with poker on ladbrokes at the moment.
It appears when you are chipped up,you cant fail to hit the cards.im off on holiday to Qatar and Bahrain soon where no forms of gambling are allowed,cant come soon enough and i might never return to ladbrokes world,even tho i luv them for my £17k the other month, gla
Old May 20th, 2011, 14:43
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Default well

To be honest i did say that after the team free-roll on Thursday i would be disconnecting the Ladbrokes poker site and i have .. I really cant get used to the software again after playing 'ipoker' ... The cards seem to float down from the top of your screen like confetti and unlike other sites where the cards appear to come from the dealer position.. Also when the flop comes it's like a slow motion spread ...
I know what your saying Andy about the strange hand patterns, on my exit from the team free-roll (Thursday) i limped in with 87 flop 677 (marvelous)
He bet i re-raised he calls ..turn K .. anyways all the chips go in and he shows pocket KK's ..
That said i cant stand the idiot chat on the Ladbrokes site, everyone's a 'pro' in their own eyes, always commenting on others calls when they themselves were playing as if they are the 'new kid on the block' after watching a training video and with 3 months experience !! Always raising with the expectation of winning 40% of small pots because their opponent will pass.. And when they dont and get caught, the grizzle like fck and say it's the opponent who played bad by calling their 'air' bet ...

Anyways my new game will be that i'm banning myself from commenting in any chat box, in fact i'll probably not even have it on , so i cant get wound up my what others are saying ...
Oh well good luck Andy and have a great holiday, see you on 'Black Belt Poker' when you get back ..
Old May 20th, 2011, 18:27
Oldham’s premier stud(retired)

I hear and understand what you are both saying here. The problem you have Taylormade is like me you don’t play enough volume of MTTs to make the variance of MTTs even out over the course of a night. One or two games a night, and most nights you will have bust in both by a bad beat. Play 10 or 15 then the odds (if you are getting your money in good) should work out in your favour. What I do like with Ladbrokes now are the anonymous cash tables, I feel that these have really levelled the playing field. I have never used any poker tracking software or any type of IT “help”, even though many, many people do. Loads of people have told me to get poker office and other such programs but I have never have. These anonymous tables make these software packages useless. I love these tables.

Ladbrokes are running a number of rake promotions where you can get 50% rake back, I can’t get the volume in to do this but I can easily get the rake in to get 40% rake back.

As for chatting at the tables, I rarely have my chat on, unless I am in top muffing mode. I love the abuse and really like being “nice” and typing ty and wp to some of the comments. I think the days of me getting worked up and telling the abuser to go and ask his daddy for some more pocket money are long gone.
Old May 28th, 2011, 12:10
I am Titty fancier

My latest sort of badbeats have been going well in a comp and after 5 hrs of decent play and no badbeats, 60 players left,top 50 paid,me in 20th place, well stacked and happy,my twatter of a boss rings me to say EMERGENCY at work , need you there in 10 mins otherwise the world will end,this is at midnight,could probably of sat out and reached cash,but me being me,end up all-in with shyte and bust out,My new motto is no poker while on-call from work. gla