02:36
Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > Football > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

guess who let me down for my footy bet?

Old August 9th, 2008, 20:38
could'nt even tip a waiter

Default guess who let me down for my footy bet?

0000361 Accumulator (5) (To win) 1 £5.00 Cardiff vs Southampton Match betting Cardiff 10/11 £0.00
Coventry vs Norwich Match betting Coventry 11/8
Derby vs Doncaster Match betting Derby 8/11
QPR vs Barnsley Match betting QPR 4/6
Northampton vs Cheltenham Match betting Northampton 8/11

all i'll say is
Old August 9th, 2008, 21:56
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Question

Not.......... Derby ...............
Old August 9th, 2008, 22:00
Dedicated Punter

Shame......still, they do say every cloud has a silver lining.....

Everything aside, im bound to do nothing but support my team and defend them against criticism/scorn, but i like to think im honest enough and man enough to be truthful about their performances.

I still think we will be up there come the business end of the season, and if there is any straw to be clutched (which is to say none) at its that i cant remember the last time we won on the opening day of the season....but today was same $hit, different day/players....a distinct lack of passion/enthusiasm/determination, distinct lack of creativity and flair, and we made a decent, though limited, well organised team look very good and handed them a straight forward 3 points.

Very disappointing...thats 4 points out of 75 now for Jewell...I try not to react knee-jerkily, but things need to pick up quickly because this losing mentality can fester very quickly..we had an excuse in the Prem - we really dont in the Champ.

Watching brief only on the Rams for future betting purposes...we are live on Sky next weekend away at Bristol City FWIW.
Old August 10th, 2008, 00:45
could'nt even tip a waiter

Default only a bit of banter

we were very lucky to win...norwich had about 80% of the game and loads of chances.

but i'll take 3 points anyday.
Old August 10th, 2008, 08:45
talk sport tipster

Default Just watched the Derby game...

They looked very unorganised and maybe a little nervous and Doncaster took full advantage of that.

Its only the first game so much too early for the supporters to turn against the managment or the team..

Big game next week against a good Bristol City side and one where i think Derby could bounce back with at least a draw.

Well Forest on sky today in a tricky encounter with another ex premiership club Reading.....a draw would be a good start to the season for the "Super Reds".....
Old August 10th, 2008, 09:15
Dedicated Punter

No doubting that one game - one loss - doesnt make a season, but I think the Derby fans (33.5 thousand there yesterday, impressive by any standards) who were there with me yesterday wanted to see a little passion and tempo in their football - one of our biggest things last season was an inability to fight - get your foot stuck in, close opponents down, hassle/harras and even if your team quality is second best, you make up for it with spirit and determination. This is what Jewell should be installing - and as much as its needed in the Prem, you need it just as much even more so in the Champ.

This was sadly lacking again yesterday, and no matter which 11 Jewell puts out, they should have that drive and determination. Doncaster had it, and deservedly won the game, no doubting that. I think it is that which disappoints/antagonises more than the result itself, and that which lowers the level of optimism a little that most Derby fans had before the game.

Will be interesting to see how we respond - Lincoln in the Carling Cup on Tuesday - we so need a win, and a nice win, in a competative game under Jewell...Tuesday has gotta be a chance and if we can win and win well, it could set us up nicely for Saturday at Ashton Gate.
Old August 10th, 2008, 11:21
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Default hmmm

"It's never over till the fat lady sings but I think i can hear the band starting up" !!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jdicks%20cartoon.JPG (11.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg various_image2.jpg (5.1 KB, 0 views)