10:40
Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > General Sport Discussion > Talk Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

The 2015 Masters Golf

Old April 6th, 2015, 17:45
talk sport tipster

Default The 2015 Masters Golf

For me the best of the majors and it all starts again on Thursday at Augusta.

The weather forecast is for rain moving in on Thursday afternoon so maybe the earlier starters will have a bit of an advantage when it comes to length off the tee but the afternoon players will find the greens holding better.

Tiger has decided to play but now at 108 in the world i doubt many will be backing him at around 50/1.

I will post my fancies on Tuesday night ....and lets hope we can fins another 350/1 winner like we did when Zac Johnson won ....
Old April 7th, 2015, 17:35
talk sport tipster

This is the one major where i think you have to be with a player who has been round here a fair bit and has been in contention come Sunday afternoon...

A big field as always but this is the one where the classier players usually rise to the top.

Do we just throw it all on Rory @ 6/1 and sit back till Sunday evening knowing he will be right in there come the back nine on that final afternoon ?

I for one dont think so .....Yes he has done well here before and maybe should have won but at 6/1 i dont think thats value as i feel his putter can let him down on these greens and maybe this isn't the major that suits Rory's game.

Tiger returns but he will need shots to be in contention on Sunday afternoon ..in fact i doubt he will make the cut let alone be measured up for another green jacket.

So who do i think is value this year....

BRANT SNEDEKER @ 40/1....Has played well here before just coming up short. Led the British Open a couple of years ago but faded on the Sunday. Good ball striker from tee to green and a decent putter on greens he knows well.

JUSTIN ROSE @ 45/1...Always seems to play well here whatever form he has been in prior to this. A major winner who should be right in contention again thia year.

ZAC JOHNSON @ 110/1...Previous winner who has been in decent form the last two seasons. Not the longest off the tee but mid to short irons are a plus for him combined with decent putting i think if the course doesnt get too wet hes a decent E/W BET (first 6 places)

GRAEME MCDOWELL @ 225/1 (Betdaq 125/1 Bet 365)...I have never been a backer of him but i think he could just be the player to sneak in this week regardless of the weather. Hits the ball solid and a very decent putter. Big on the exchanges and that maybe where to back him.

A couple of other bets i quite like are...

BERNHARD LANGER @ 20/1..Top 10 finish......Plays this course as good as anyone and when they start to fade on Saturday afternoon Langer will be coming on strong.

Also 125/1 E/W first 3 (bet 365) for top European...

GRAEME MCDOWELL @ 33/1..Top European is another bet worth a couple of quid as a top 5 finish for the irishman might be good enough to take this bet to.

Thats all for now but i will update after round one and maybe add a few more bets as we go ....
Old April 11th, 2015, 12:08
talk sport tipster

Well at the end of round two its looking like a one man show with Spieth ahead by 5 from Hoffman and seven from the chasing pack

Of course anything can happen at the Masters but backing anyone else to win now at the odds offered is just a silly move.

So lets look at the "Betting without Spieth" market which gives much better value.

From Hoffman at -9 to Mcilroy at -2 there are 24 players all that can finish second ..

Here are my fancies for that bet...

HOFFMAN @ 6/1..has a two shot lead on this field and could just keep going after two decent rounds.

A SCOTT @ 25/1..past winner who gets better as the rounds go on.

R MOORE @ 33/1..Been playing steady stuff and was not overwhelmed by playing with Rory and Phil Mickleson over the first two rounds.

Lets hope that we can get a few quid back here or that JUSTIN ROSE can close the gap on the leader...