06:33
Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > Poker > Poker
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Last nights forum game report........

Old January 9th, 2009, 09:58
talk sport tipster

Arrow Last nights forum game report........

Legin1961 kindly donated $100 to the pot from his great win the week before a super gesture which just goes to prove what a great community we have got ....Thanks once again Nigel...

A very strong field of 14 members logged on to Laddies for the 7pm start and with two seven seater tables this looked like it was going to be a tough night.

Table One..
Taylormade
Tiredeyes
Bally73
Legin1961
The Richo
Only1herbie
Part Timer

Table Two
Bennythedip
Pkrplaya
Pokerjohnny
Pborowolves
Davetheduke
The Captain
Tony2005

Now i cant comment about what went on over at table one as i was too ingrossed in what was happening on my table....
The one think i did spot was Taylormade had a terrible seat in the middle of two players from the Sunderland part of the north east...

Anyway back to my table and the chips were flying about nearly every hand.........Pokerjohnny was seeing more flops then Mark Hughes and Bennythedip was taking on te role of schoolboy bully.....

An early lead was taken by Part Timer who seemed to be amassing chips quite easily which wasnt that difficult as that was an easy table....

The first player to exit was Taylormade and im sure he was quite happy to get away from the mackens..

Early leader and "mainly pub player" Part Timer was the next casualty again from table one...After building a massive stack early the dream was over..

Good news for us on table two was Pokerjohhnys switch to the other table as he was becoming a right pain in the arse calling all my bets and then totally out playing me on the flop......

Next to exit was once again from table one Tiredeyes this ment all our north east friends had gone in the first three spots..

Bally73 was next out and with his departure we had THE FINAL TABLE.......

The Final Table..
Bennythedip
Pokerjohnny
Pkrplaya
The Richo
Legin1961
Davetheduke
Only1herbie
Pborowolves
The Captain
Tony2005.

This had the look of a very exciting FT and we were not going to be disappointed....

First to go in 10th was The Richo (Claire) who i think went all in ahead against PJ only to see the flop and turn go against her ending her chances of taking the tittle...

The next player making his way from the table in 9th was Pkrplaya whos all in pocket Aces were called by Tony2005's all in pocket kings... The flop contained another ace but also three hearts and with Tony holding the king to Pkrplaya's non heart aces we all knew the Laddies flush was coming....It didnt on the turn and Tony was dead to a Heart....Of course he didnt need to worry as the river provided the heart required and another Laddies bad beat story was to be had...Very unlucky Pkrplaya...

After that things calmed down for a short while until Pborowolves pushed with his 2/7 on a flop containing a 2 and a flush draw only to lose out and exit in 8th..

Bennythedip finally made the long walk in 7th when he pushed all in and was called by Davetheduke who won the pot with three aces and a queen kicker.....

Down to six and with the game now warming up nicely players were looking to make some moves and one of these saw the end of The Captain whos pocket two's were no match for PJ's two pair and we were down to five....

Plenty of great poker was now being played and as we neared the break for the second hour Only1herbie was sent packing when he ran into Legins pocket nines and saw another on the flop...

Down to four and someone was going to be "bubble boy"......

What a bubble it turned out to be with Tony and Davetheduke being the shorter stacks but just about having enough chips to get respect when they put in raises and both played their shorter stacks well

A few hairy moments for both players but still they survived and it just goes to prove that sometimes its not about winning hundreds and thousands of pounds playing poker when Davetheduke announced he should have been at his darts match an hour ago....

Back and forth the chips went until......we had our "bubble boy"..

After nearly an hour of four seater play Davetheduke pushed all in only to watch as Legin made a full house to win the pot and after a great game Dave was gone. Nice to see you getting involved Dave and hopefully you enjoyed the game..

Into the money places now and the chip stacks were...

Legin1961.........35,000
Pokerjohnny......30,000
Tony2005.........11,000

Tony2005 managed to get to 20,000 but everytime he found a winner he was finding a loser and was up and down more often then Jodie Marsh's knickers....

Eventually he met his waterloo and out in third when having only about 6k he decided to push with J10 suited only to be called by PJ holding K7 the flop of KQ7 gave Tony a great chance but an 8 on the turn didnt help and when the queen hit the river to make PJ a full house Tony2005 was exiting with his head held high and his bank account a little bigger with his 3rd place finish....

Heads up and with both players nearly level on chips it was anyones to win....

But what happened next was last seen all those years ago in the boxing ring when Roberto Duran quit on his stool against Sugar Ray Leanord....

Legin1961 called "no mas" and this great gesture left us with a worthy and popular winner..POKERJOHNNY who was crowned the champ spot on the Three hour mark....

It was a superb night and as usual played in great spirit with everyone taking the bad beats etc with great dignity and sportsmanship even if they were kicking the cat out of our earshot....

Hopefully we can have another game very soon and on behalf of the forum a big thanks once again to Nigel for putting up some cash and also to everyone who took part making it a great nights entertainment.....

Last edited by Tony2005; January 9th, 2009 at 12:35.
Old January 9th, 2009, 12:33
Dedicated Punter

oi it was 2 7 but i had flush draw and thought benny was at it !!!!!!!! sadly he had pocket aces
Old January 9th, 2009, 12:35
talk sport tipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pborowolves View Post
oi it was 2 7 but i had flush draw and thought benny was at it !!!!!!!! sadly he had pocket aces

Yes missed that but have edited it now.....makes you look a lot better ;-)
Old January 9th, 2009, 14:04
Dedicated Punter

great report m8 and great nights fun with proper people. hope to win it large tonight so we can do it again.
best man won on the night and was so pleased for pj, jd in abundance on its way me thinks.
gla happy pokering and punting
Old January 9th, 2009, 14:07
Dedicated Punter

PJ's too old for any pokering
Old January 9th, 2009, 14:07
talk sport tipster

Default Thanks Nigel....

yes was a great nights entertainment and even those who were "muffed" hopefully went a way with a smile...

Great to see the "old boy" can still play a bit......

Well done PJ....
Old January 9th, 2009, 20:23
lee

great report Tony yes it was highly entertaining and did enjoy it 1st time back online for a while but still don't like laddies and the feckers still haven't paid out the monies for the horse share
Old January 9th, 2009, 21:39
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Default Great game..and great report

Well done all.............
Old March 16th, 2009, 07:22
Dedicated Punter

Send a message via MSN to IcemaN

wow sounds like a good game, I can't wait till the next one so I can join ya!
Old March 16th, 2009, 07:26
talk sport tipster

Yes Ice....we will be having another forum game soon......watch out for details