20:47
Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > General Sport Discussion > Talk Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

CT's Good, Not Bad and Ugly Cricket Bets

Old November 29th, 2010, 20:24
Serious Punter

Default CT's Good, Not Bad and Ugly Cricket Bets

Just thought id start my own little section regarding some of my "good" or probably "not so good" Betting tips if you all fancy a bit of cricket betting.

Australia vs England (2nd Test)

Top Australian 1st Innings Runscorer

Good Bet - Ricky Ponting 7/2 on Paddy Power - What can i say about "Punter", tremendous captain when he bats in a "Geoff Boycott im in it for myself" mode, but his tenure as captain will be all but over if England retain the Ashes for the first time down under since 1986/87 (And wouldn't it be funny if he cries like Kim Hughes did when he stepped down as Aussie Captain! )

Not Bad Bet - Steve Smith 16/1 on Paddy Power - More of batting all-rounder then a bowling one and he made 59 and 0 when a very poor Australia A side got thumped 10 wickets by England in the first tour match of the winter schedule but after Mitchell Johnson's very feeble effort with both bat and ball in the 1st test at the Gabba, i can honestly see Johnson being replaced by Steve Smith and it would certainly bolster what looks in my opinion a very weak Aussie batting tail.

Ugly Bet - Mitchell Johnson 50/1 on Paddy Power - Makes Mike Whitney look very good against Sir Ian Botham at Old Trafford in 1981! . If on a very long shot Johnson is in the side for the 2nd test then to stay in the squad he would have to take 5 wickets and score at least 70 runs but i cannot see that happening and he could well join an illustrious list of very average left-arm fast bowlers that have played for Australia!.
Old November 29th, 2010, 21:18
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Default Nice one CT

Well I know cricket like Tony knows fishing,

So I'll be guided by you for a small bet for Friday ... Glk us
Old November 29th, 2010, 21:19
talk sport tipster

Well cricket is one sport i do like to punt heavily on.....

But only one day games where theres only two possible outcomes...

I always back the outsider and find there is good value in doing so.

As for the Ashes i have had a little bet on a drawn series which after the first test looks a decent call....

Old November 30th, 2010, 16:58
talk sport tipster

New Zealand at 2/1 look a decent bet in tomorrows one day game against India...

Sky sports live at 9.30am.....

Old November 30th, 2010, 20:30
I am Titty fancier

Im risking life and limb and freezing to death up here and your in a warm place planning on watching the twitting indians play cricket at 9-30am tmorro,Im logging off so I can swear and pull my hair out,hope it snows for forty days and forty nights down there. gl
Old November 30th, 2010, 20:51
talk sport tipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylormade View Post
Im risking life and limb and freezing to death up here and your in a warm place planning on watching the twitting indians play cricket at 9-30am tmorro,Im logging off so I can swear and pull my hair out,hope it snows for forty days and forty nights down there. gl

Haha Taylor you know us Southern softies....bit of snow and works off...
Old January 17th, 2011, 16:49
Serious Punter

Well after making a few quid by betting on an 3-1 victory in the Tests, i think its certainly going to be a lot tougher to have any successful bets in the ODI series. Last time around when England last toured Australia, we wont talk about the 5-0 drubbing but it was a different kettle of fish in the old Commonwealth Bank 3 team World Series as England outplayed both Australia and New Zealand.

Now as its just a head to head 7 match series, i feel personally it could be a lot more open however 1 lucky game for the Aussies does not make them a great team and i think this could your best correct score bet:

England 5-2 Series Victory - 8/1
Old January 19th, 2011, 16:50
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2

Cheers Craig ..
Old January 19th, 2011, 17:21
talk sport tipster

Im on a good run with the cricket the last few weeks....

Got rather lucky with India yesterday who looked beat when they were 115/5 needing another 110 runs with 15 overs left...

Luckily they got there with a bit to spare...

ENGLAND @ 5/4

INDIA @ 5/4

Both to win Fridays one days....

Old January 27th, 2011, 12:49
Serious Punter

With the county cricket season just over 2 months away, i thought i'd put on my predictions for who will win what this year:

LVCC Div 1 - Yorkshire (6/1 on Paddy Power - Only problem could be England call-ups but if the Yorkies get lucky and i'm typing this through gritted teeth and avoid injuries then I think this could be a banker in my opinion!)

LVCC Div 2 - Glamorgan (11/2 on Paddy Power - There has been a lot of on and off the field problems with Glamorgan but i watched them beat my beloved Lancashire 2 years ago at the Swalec in Cardiff and they have a lot of good young players and they will certainly be one to watch out for and i would highly advise not backing Surrey at 4/1 as for me they are too much an over-rated unit that had several lucky wins last year especially in the Pro-40)

Pro-40 League - Lancashire (I know i've got to be biased somewhere but I just think that if the side can stay free of injuries, the so called "top-order" can get some serious runs on the board, I honestly believe Lancashire could win their first MAJOR trophy in over 11 years!)

20/20 Cup - Lancashire or Somerset