19:00
Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > Racing > Dog Racing
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

RIP Gary Baggs

Old October 19th, 2008, 20:03
Dedicated Punter

Default RIP Gary Baggs

It is with great sadness that i am reporting that Gary Baggs today (roughly 4pm) lost his battle against Cancer.

Gary was a fantastic Greyhound trainer and was a keen Horse Racing follower as well. There was a huge Charity night for Gary at Walthamstow dogs to help raise money for his treatment against this bastard of a disease, I know that alot of Horsey people supported this night.

RIP Gary
Old October 19th, 2008, 20:38
talk sport tipster

Default Another sad bit of news Matt

My mum died from cancer of the overies in July last year....Hopefully they will leep finding ways to treat cancer so even though we might not benefit children in the not so distant future will...

I believe i have heard of Gary Baggs before and im sure you are right that he did mix with people from the horse racing world....

A very difficult time for family and everyone that was close to him....RIP.
Old October 20th, 2008, 18:13
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Default Very Sad

Yes he was a lovely man, loved his dogs and like Matt says had close ties to horse racing... I know my mate in Newmarket will be devastated, he and a couple of jockey's have had dogs with him in the past and always spoke highly of Gary...very sad ...
benny
Old October 24th, 2008, 12:44
Dedicated Punter

Pleases have a little look at my brothers fundraising page. http://www.justgiving.com/darrenbaggs

Just like to thank everyone again for the kind messages they have been sending me and my family over the last week.

Regards
Stacey Baggs.

Above is a message posted by Stacey, Garys Daughter on the Greyhound forums. I am sure that everyone at some point has suffered a loss to this Bastard disease and urge as many people as possible to donate to the charity above no matter how big or small the amount it all helps.