Chelsea held to a draw after leading Man Cty

Oh and did I mention ...West Ham stuffed Liverpool
Old September 21st, 2014, 17:23
talk sport tipster

Oh and you didnt mention....

Frank Lampard............
Old September 21st, 2014, 18:48
Dedicated Punter

Good old fat Frank, saved the day Mourinimoan is the first one to complain when teams go to Stamford Bridge and defend. If payments to the Ref counted in the FIFA fair play rules Chelski would've breached them after this game. I've watched rugby games where there's less tackles round the waste.

Last edited by Part-Timer; September 21st, 2014 at 20:53.
Old September 21st, 2014, 21:01
Dedicated Punter

Sums Chelsea, and Mourinimoan very well

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29304770
Old September 21st, 2014, 21:40
talk sport tipster

Just goes to prove that you dont have to know much about football to manage a team like City.

They have spent million more then Chelsea on players and wages so surely they MUST have good enough players to break "SMALL TEAMS" DEFENCES DOWN.

When they did score it was a player who cost nothing and we let go.....

In fact i dont think our keeper made a save.... and we also hit the post..

Just look at the teams Brian Clough set up....

Forest dominated European Foootball in the late seventies and early eighties with a team that defended and won games on the counter attack.

The pressure is obviously on at City and he cant handle it....
Old September 21st, 2014, 22:06
Dedicated Punter

A bit like Mourinimoan then that when he had the league won last year told everyone that often, even his team believed him, that they wouldn't win the league. As for City spending more money, really http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/19416223

Last edited by Part-Timer; September 21st, 2014 at 22:15.
Old September 21st, 2014, 22:56
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Talking Small team

Manuel Pellegrini wasn't happy with a draw

Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini claimed Chelsea played like "a small team" and likened their approach to Stoke in the 1-1 draw at the Etihad Stadium.

Unlike the Potters, who recorded a surprise victory last month, the Stamford Bridge side left with a draw after substitute Frank Lampard scored a late equaliser against his former club to cancel out Andre Schurrle's goal.

For the second successive season Chelsea, who had a 100 per cent record prior to kick-off, came looking to frustrate and primarily avoid defeat.

While it paid off previously this time they slipped up as City battled back despite having Pablo Zabaleta sent off for a second bookable offence.

"It think we played 90 minutes against a small team trying to defend, trying to keep 10 players in front of their goal, and (we were) a team that wanted to win from the beginning," he said.

"I think we played against exactly the same team we played against Stoke here.

"It was very difficult for us to score but finally we did score. I don't want to analyse Chelsea. What the other teams do, it is not my duty to analyse."

Jose Mourinho, whose relationship with Pellegrini dating back to their time in Spain could be described as frosty at best, rejected the accusations.

"Many times he says he never speaks about me and my team but he keeps doing the same thing," said the Portuguese.

"I am the one that does as he says. I don't comment on his words. Don't ask me about his words, I am not interested in that.

"It is one point won because we arrived here leaders with two points more than second and we leave the stadium with a three-point lead.

"I don't look to direct opponents, I don't look to other clubs in a special way. I look to the table and we are leaders by three points.

"We come here to a super-difficult stadium and a super-difficult opponent and we leave in better conditions than we arrived, so good.

"We hit the post (through Diego Costa) with a 1-0 lead and when you don't kill matches, you are in danger, especially when you play against very good teams.

"We had a tactical reaction to try to win the game. They had an emotional reaction to try not to lose the game.

"We were successful in our tactical change to try to win the game because we scored and had more chances to score and they were successful in their emotional reaction and I think in the end from my perspective the point is maybe a point that they deserve."

Mourinho let Lampard go at the end of last season and he subsequently joined City's Major League Soccer venture in New York being loaned back to the parent club, but he did not want to comment on the midfielder's significant contribution to the result.

"I don't speak about players from other teams, I am sorry. I don't speak about Frank," he added.

"To speak about Frank is to speak about my past with Frank, the player he was for what he means in my career.

"I will never tire to speak about this. The moment he is a Man City player, he is a Man City player.

"Mr Pellegrini, instead of speaking about other teams' players, should speak about Frank Lampard.

"I am Chelsea manager, I speak about my players. My players were fantastic."

Pellegrini, however, was only too happy to talk about the 36-year-old's contribution.

"When I sent Lampard into the game I told him go and score. I was so sure Frank would play well against Chelsea because he is a very good professional," said the Chilean.

Lampard told Sky Sports 1: "It's a really difficult one. I'd be unprofessional if I didn't come on and do my job, so I was trying to get into the box and it was a great ball back from Milly.

"It's a tough one for me. I had 13 amazing years with the Chelsea fans, so I am mixed with it. I am obviously pleased the team I play for got a draw.

"I am a little lost for words. I didn't expect to come on and score like that. I came on and the Chelsea fans were singing, and that's emotional. Then I am playing for this club, who have taken me in brilliantly as well, so I am really stuck in the middle here."
Old September 22nd, 2014, 14:43
talk sport tipster

Actually after watching the "highlights" of which there were hardly any....

I now think maybe we were to defensive especially in the first half.

Although i think if we had played a little more on the attack we might well have got all three points.

How the Sun Dream team made Costa our best player is beyond me....

I think City should have had a pen in the second half but surely Silva would have got a yellow card for his foul in the first half if he hadnt already been booked....

What still amazes me if a ref gives a yellow card for a foul and then when the player makes a clear cut foul again the ref doesnt seem to think its worth another yellow.....

Its either a yellow or its not regardless of being booked for an earlier incident....