06:37
Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > Racing > Dog Racing

The 2017 Greyhound Derby

Old January 31st, 2017, 08:15
talk sport tipster

Default The 2017 Greyhound Derby

Tickets went on sale yesterday at £15 each for finals night.

All tickets SOLD OUT in less then 24 hours.

Some more tickets will be released in the next few days.

http://towcester-racecourse.co.uk/greyhound-derby/

Old March 1st, 2017, 01:37
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Default First anti post bet

Ok - here's my first bet for this years Greyhound Derby

Paul Hennessy's 'Priceless Brandy' did a solo trial at Towcester. 500m in 29.29 Going -30.

Happened Feb 26 -wow that absolutely fantastic performance first time around that track -

20/1 taken with Bet 365 (e/w first 6)
Old April 27th, 2017, 16:01
Derby Winner

Default Great read from an article by Robert Parker

Great read from an article by Robert Parker

This years Derby at Towcester has so many imponderables, a new track,V wide bends not conducive to wide runners,invariably one gets experts saying after a wide runner has won a race around Towcester,"SEE no problem,don't know what people are on about",but it is one thing to lead up from the outside ,and cut across in a one off.
At Towcester as soon as they miss their break and dogs are moving wide from the inside, once they get baulked they just get knocked sideways and with the enormous width of the bends and no banking ,they will be going sideways Via Milton Keynes,
Another expert who knows it all keeps saying "It is all about being able to gallop a bend"obviously ,but that does not help if you have been knocked out towards the hare rail.

People are also quoting figures which show a lot of wide runners winning in graded races,but the management have already said in graded races,they drop wide runners down a grade to compensate for being drawn wide,so the figures are meaningless,you can't downgrade dogs in Derby heats

It is asking a lot for a wide runner to hit the traps and lead for 7 rounds, before a missed break and disaster strikes,this is the likely amount of rounds this year with a huge entry of + - 300 expected,

One good thing at least this year they are planning to do away with the madness of only 2 dogs qualifying in the first round.

SO IT IS WHAT IT IS.

So looking for the likely winner I would avoid wide runners,into that category goes the Brilliant winner of last years Derby JT JET,who was my A.Post pick last year at 66/1.Other fancied wide runners would inc King Kid,--Dorota's Woo Woo-Sonic (Maybe)-Forest Con,Vancouver Shea,-Brinkleys King,Murrays Act plus a few other Irish wide runners

NOT FOR one minute am I putting any these dogs down,they are all brilliant.but they are running at a disadvantage.

Another point about Towcester it is 500 m with another 200 metre run to the pick up so a dog will really have to get the trip,2 dogs again I feel are at a disadvantage are Hya Butt and Droopys Who,neither I feel will really get the trip over 7 rounds.

The best of the IRISH RUNNERS I FEEL ARE DROOP'S WILBURY* (50)- GOOD NEWS(50) -BULL RUN BOLT* (50)(-HOT TREND (50) -PRICELESS BRANDY* (16) =,SAB MILLER (50)-WHOOPS JACK* (66) and CLARES ROCkET* (8).

The 4 English doge most likely to succeed are Droops Buick (16) Bubbly Bluebird* (20) and Dorotas WILDCAT**(25)-DROOPYS BONNUCC (66/1I

OTHERS SLIGHTLY UNDER THE RADAR MIGHT INCLUDE NATIVE CHIMES (50),KISS AND HUG(unquoted) DRIVE ON TIP (66) and Black Zack (100) apologies to those I have missed out or forgotten

The huge selection of the above dogs show how open it all is,in fact if you took a position and opposed Bubbly and Clares and backed All of the above, one could still make a nice profit of around 5-6/1

I personally backed as my main bets both Bubbly at 66/1 and Clares at same last year,I have also backed Priceless Brandy and Whoops Jack at 50/1 and Wildcat some time ago at 50/1 I have also done savers on several of the above mentioned to show small profit.

Obviously backing dogs Ante /Post has a danger warning but am so far relieved Bubbly and Cares should be there for kickoff.
Old May 12th, 2017, 12:37
Derby Winner

Exclamation Will it go over to Ireland

Will the Derby trophy be heading back across the Irish Sea again this year? Here are some of the leading Irish contenders

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlimr4YiiRc #comeracing

Or then again, Can the Star Sports English Greyhound Derby stay at home? Here are the leading contenders from England

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IsyKcb-quY #comeracing
Old May 28th, 2017, 17:12
Derby Winner

Default The Derby Draw

The Draw Is Out Now For The Heats In Next Week's First Round

Can be found on our Towcester page (Results Trials & Cards)
Old June 3rd, 2017, 21:03
Derby Winner

Default Priceless Brandy

Well in the last race of 'Round 1' heats in the Greyhound Derby our tip 'Priceless Brandy' had an easy win to take him through to the next round ...
Old June 4th, 2017, 14:58
Dedicated Punter

2nd Round draw is on Towcester home page, Bruisers Bullet has a very tough draw
Old June 17th, 2017, 15:25
Derby Winner

Default 3rd round

Tonights 3rd Round Derby heats at Towcester and i'm just sticking with my two who i hope to make the final -

8.20 T2 PRICELESS BRANDY (nap) (Aghh - Shock He's out . Came 4th squeezed out at the first bend ..Winner was Clares Rocket great run
8.38 T5 TYRUR SHAY - easy winner 1st . 5/4f

Thats all folks
--------------------------------
In the support races i think the boys could get a result wth their consistant gal .
6.44 T2 Slowdown Sally .. ..Wel Well Good start to the evening Tonys gal 1st .wins at 3/1..

Last edited by bennythedip2; June 17th, 2017 at 20:41.
Old June 17th, 2017, 22:13
Dedicated Punter

Bruisers Bullet best sectional and best time
Old June 18th, 2017, 13:38
Dedicated Punter

Quarter Final draw done, 2 very hard and 2 easyish heats. Tyrur Shay, Hiya Butt and Jaytee Jet all in one race