Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > General Sport Discussion > Talk Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

golf

Old July 31st, 2008, 20:43
lee

Default golf

here you go Tony one for you down your way
ABBOTSLEY HOTEL, GOLF & COUNTRY CLUB
Location: Hardwicke St. Neots, Cambridgeshire, 2 miles SE of St. Neots, 16 miles West of Cambridge PE19 6XN

Send to a friend
Best Offer - £89Sunday Special - £85

The beautiful Cambridgeshire countryside is the backdrop for this lovely resort, which boasts two fine championship layouts.

Abbotsley Course
At 6,311 yards, the Abbotsley Course is widely regarded to be one of the region's best. With a fine blend of woodland and parkland, there are many charming holes and superb views of the glorious surroundings. The tree-lined fairways are tight in places, and accurate striking will be required to avoid the strategically placed water hazards on this most enjoyable resort course.

Cromwell Course
The Cromwell Course is the perfect foil for the challenging Abbotsley; the course is more open and may be a more manageable proposition for less skilled golfers. However, it does measure over 6,000 yards, and as such is long enough to challenge the better players. The standards and conditioning are equal to the Abbotsley, while the spectacular views across rural Cambridgeshire will charm every visitor who chooses the Abbotsley for their next golf break.

Facilities
Pool Table
Gymnasium
Squash
Banqueting Facilities
BBQ
View All Facilities

Pool Table
Gymnasium
Squash
Banqueting Facilities
BBQ
Conference Facilities
Late Night Bar
Pets Welcome
Driving Range
Golf Buggies
Practice Area
Putting Greens
Tuition

4 stars

Just to let you know we had a great time at abbotsley - thank you we have decided on our next golf event which is Sunday 21st & Monday 22 September can you please give us some choices for exactly the same type of arrangement as we have just had thanks and best regards,
Gavin

Sorry we had no photos to show for our golfing break as we had so much fun and golf we really did not think to take any. We did however make a promise to ourselves that we have found a gem of a deal and should pass this to all our friends whom we will ask along next time. The two courses are a treat but the championship course won hands down. We will be contacting you again soon.
Brian Jones
SPECIAL OFFERS

Money Saving Offers
A "was" and "now" price with all valid dates that the offer is available, eg "was £100, now £75" 25% offer valid from January 1st to 31st March

Added Value Offers
Examples: Free Buggies, Upgraded Rooms, Free Golf Balls or Gift Pack, Free Wine with dinner or Fresh Flowers in your room, No Single Supplement, Coffee and Bacon Rolls on arrival as an added value benefit to your golf break

Exclusive Rate Offers
Are fantastic offers that we believe are exclusive to YourGolfTravel.com

Free Night Offers
Example: Stay 7 nights for the price of 5

Free Golf Offers
Example: Play 3 rounds for the price of 2

Group Discount Offers
Example: in 8 golfers go for free. Perhaps the lead organiser goes on a freeby!

Golf Day Offers
An offer on a Society, Corporate or Charity Golf Day that we consider great value

OFFERS AT THIS VENUE

Choose date Choose date -- Price Range --Under £99£99 - £150£150 - £200£200 - £500£500 - £1000Over £1000Any Price Range
-- Number of Nights --1 night2 nights3 nights5 nights7 nights10 nights14 nightsAny Number of Nights -- --
Nearest Airport
London - Luton Airport
Nearest Train Station
St Neot's Rail Station - 2.6 miles
Back to venues in East
Back to venues in England

Offer Description Special Offer Valid Price
Sunday Special

(18 holes Abbotsley, 18 holes Cromwell) 01 Apr 08 -
30 Sep 08 £89

Sunday Special

(18 holes Abbotsley, 18 holes Cromwell) 01 Oct 08 -
31 Oct 08 £85

1 Night, Dinner, Bed and Breakfast and 2 Rounds of Golf

(18 holes Abbotsley, 18 holes Cromwell)
Valid Monday - Thursday 01 Oct 08 -
31 Oct 08 £105

Valid Monday-Thursday 01 Apr 08 -
30 Sep 08 £115

2 Nights, Dinner, Bed and Breakfast and 3 Rounds of Golf

Valid Sunday - Thursday 01 Oct 08 -
31 Oct 08 £175

Valid Friday, Saturday 01 Oct 08 -
31 Oct 08 £115

Valid Friday, Saturday 01 Apr 08 -
30 Sep 08 £125

Valid Sunday - Thursday 01 Apr 08 -
30 Sep 08 £185

Valid Friday, Saturday 01 Oct 08 -
31 Oct 08 £205

Valid Friday, Saturday 01 Apr 08 -
30 Sep 08 £220

AccommodationLeisure FacilitiesLocal KnowledgeDr Golf's Course TipThe 19th HoleIn the heart of the majestic 360-acre estate lies the Abbotsley Hotel, whose 42 en-suite bedrooms are perfectly equipped for your golf break.

The Abbotsley Hotel has the all the charm of a traditional country house hotel, where you will be made welcome by the attentive team of staff.

The guest rooms are comfortable and spacious, providing you with all the amenities required to relax and prepare for your next assault on the golf courses
Old July 31st, 2008, 21:02
talk sport tipster

Looks a great deal.....there are some great courses round this way... Kings Lynn , Sherringham.. are just a couple..

Mind you there are some good courses your way
Old July 31st, 2008, 21:21
lee

yeah we got the belfry ,forest of arden
one course i'd love to play but have got about as much chance as winning the lottery is blackwell golf club it's 5 mile from where i live every member is a millionaire you have to be invited to become a member then have an interview and if they let you in you pay £2.5k for your fees then when they do work on the course i.e put in a new bunker the cost is shared between the members think there is only 10-20 rounds played there a day they turned down ron atkinson who lives in the village for membership
oh and one other little thing i couldn't really turn up in my 54 plate vw passet unless i put a porche or ferarri badge on it
stuck up gits
Old August 1st, 2008, 06:18
talk sport tipster

Default You will need a few good ..

winners to join there then.....

I think there are a few of those sort of clubs dotted around......i played the Belfry on the day the Ryder cup was ment to start in 2001....we phoned up a couple of days before as a it of a laugh to see if w could play as the ryder cup had been posponed due to 9/11..........they said yep no problem Friday morning tee off 9.40.

When we got there everything was in place for the Ryder cup...Tented village, all the stands, tv towers etc....the course was in superb condition and what a great day we had..........

I was playing off 8 and i think i dropped 17 shots......