Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > General Sport Discussion > Talk Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

David Haye is Bellewed away

Old March 4th, 2017, 22:47
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Cool David Haye is Bellewed away

Haye v Bellew: Epic win for Bellew over injured Haye - - (March 4th 2017)

Tony Bellew beat David Haye in their thrilling British heavyweight grudge match after the Londoner's corner threw in the towel in the 11th round.

Tony Bellew upset the odds to claim a thrilling victory over David Haye in their British heavyweight grudge match after the Londoner's corner threw in the towel in the 11th round on Saturday night.

Haye went into the bout at London's O2 Arena as 1/6 favourite but an ankle injury sustained at the end of the fourth round caused him real problems to his mobility and Bellew took advantage.

The Londoner showed tremendous character and resolve to fight on and just about managed to beat the count in the sixth after Bellew sent him to the canvas.

Haye lasted until the 11th round but after he tumbled out of the ring, his corner threw in the towel to give Bellew victory.

The two men exchanged many war of words during the heated build-up since the fight was announced but Bellew sportingly walked Haye back to his corner before the pair embraced.

Haye said: "I did not expect him to have the chin and the durability that he has. Bellew, by far, was the better fighter tonight.

"I believe I’m more gifted but he had a bigger heart tonight. He took my best shots, got back up, and put me down.

"I’ve never been in a fight like that before. He’s the man."I'm at his mercy - I can't think of world titles now."