18:50
Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > Poker > Poker
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sky Poker (The shit's about to hit the fan)

Old April 9th, 2015, 23:15
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Default Sky Poker (The shit's about to hit the fan)

Yes as we said a few years ago collusion was a worry then and now it looks like a big story is about to break regarding one or more of the main players on that site ...

We have it on good authority that a certain payer has (allegedly) admitted to Sky after being exposed by another player his involvement in collusion .
This story could be all over '2plus2' tomorrow

Sky as yet are not banning the player and also it would seem that he confessed to a senior Sky person ??

To be continued over the coming days ...

Last edited by bennythedip2; April 9th, 2015 at 23:31.
Old April 11th, 2015, 23:24
Derby Winner

It's all starting to come out now .. 2plus2 today > http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28.../#post46628352

Sky Poker Collusion - Why no action? - Internet Poker - Online Poker Forum
Old April 12th, 2015, 08:42
Dedicated Punter

I see the guy who posted it has an interesting name
Old April 12th, 2015, 10:58
Derby Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part-Timer View Post
I see the guy who posted it has an interesting name
hahaha , Yes I saw that but I don't think it's you .hahah
Old April 13th, 2015, 00:11
Derby Winner

Cool Well here's the story

The story has broken on poker forum .."Pocket Fives"

So here it is, and it doesn't take two guesses as to who wrote the letter of defence for the players, and my first guess would be the man who runs the show

Sky Poker Allowing Collusion?

Page 1 of 1

Blackpool
United Kingdom

4 Hours Ago (4/12/2015 7:45pm)
It seems that there is trouble over at Sky Poker with some serious collusions allegations being punted around social media that for once are being backed up with not only evidence but also a confession. This was on 2+2:

Screenshots have been appearing on social media sites relating to 2 players colluding in low stakes games on Sky Poker.

Both players have admitted collusion and the chat logs relating to that collusion have been shown. One of the players, a long standing reg and the captain of the APAT Team Championships winning team, has since removed his admission. According to him, Sky Poker were informed of the said collusion a number of weeks ago. In the past 4 days the matter has been reported to Sky Poker by numerous individuals but to date both players have not been suspended and are still playing the tables.

The apparent lack of action by Sky is to say the least baffling when there appears to be overwhelming evidence to support the claims of collusion.

The OP was challenged to provide screen shots and they did:

http://tinypic.com/r/k2kzm8/8
http://tinypic.com/r/21978dh/8
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2z4z...8#.VSpyZvnF8pU

For someone who runs teams across APAT and various poker sites there hasn't been much defence of the fella apart from this:

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Well this didn't take long to get on here. How dare you post David Harveys name AND mention APAT and Team Hitsquad in the pictures. Before everyone starts jumping to conclusions and asking for his head you may want the facts:

1: David Harvey only admits colluding over the tournaments that there are screenshots of him colluding in so don't go saying he has been doing it all the time.

2: David Harvey says he told his friends at Sky weeks ago when he first found out about the screen shots so it's Sky problem now not Dave's.

3: David Harvey is a well respected member of the Sky community, he's a friend of various presenters and Sky Mods and runs his own team on Sky. He's even been on the Sky TV Channel as a guest.

4: David Harvey admitted it in a post on Sky Forum last week. Sky obviously don't feel that it warrants a ban and that it goes against their collusion rules because he is still playing there so let's just leave him alone to play in peace, he doesn't deserve this, hes a good man who in his own words is a good man who made a mistake.

5: Its Sky Pokers decision on any punishment so stay out of it please as they seem to have decided that all is ok.

6: The other person (David Dearlove) has admitted it and has said on another forum that he is expecting a ban as those are the rules so let's just ban him and leave Dave Harvey alone please.
__________________________________________________ _____________________________

No idea what is going on at Sky Towers but this is a bit of a strange one and could have easily been sorted by Sky.

Add EasyVision to Rail

Blackpool
United Kingdom

2 Hours Ago (4/12/2015 10:15pm) in reply to EasyVision
Originally Posted by EasyVision View Post

It seems that there is trouble over at Sky Poker with some serious collusions allegations being punted around social media that for once are being backed up with not only evidence but also a confession. This was on 2+2:

Screenshots have been appearing on social media sites relating to 2 players colluding in low stakes games on Sky Poker.

Both players have admitted collusion and the chat logs relating to that collusion have been shown. One of the players, a long standing reg and the captain of the APAT Team Championships winning team, has since removed his admission. According to him, Sky Poker were informed of the said collusion a number of weeks ago. In the past 4 days the matter has been reported to Sky Poker by numerous individuals but to date both players have not been suspended and are still playing the tables.

The apparent lack of action by Sky is to say the least baffling when there appears to be overwhelming evidence to support the claims of collusion.

The OP was challenged to provide screen shots and they did:

http://tinypic.com/r/k2kzm8/8
http://tinypic.com/r/21978dh/8
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2z4z...8#.VSpyZvnF8pU

For someone who runs teams across APAT and various poker sites there hasn't been much defence of the fella apart from this:

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Well this didn't take long to get on here. How dare you post David Harveys name AND mention APAT and Team Hitsquad in the pictures. Before everyone starts jumping to conclusions and asking for his head you may want the facts:

1: David Harvey only admits colluding over the tournaments that there are screenshots of him colluding in so don't go saying he has been doing it all the time.

2: David Harvey says he told his friends at Sky weeks ago when he first found out about the screen shots so it's Sky problem now not Dave's.

3: David Harvey is a well respected member of the Sky community, he's a friend of various presenters and Sky Mods and runs his own team on Sky. He's even been on the Sky TV Channel as a guest.

4: David Harvey admitted it in a post on Sky Forum last week. Sky obviously don't feel that it warrants a ban and that it goes against their collusion rules because he is still playing there so let's just leave him alone to play in peace, he doesn't deserve this, hes a good man who in his own words is a good man who made a mistake.

5: Its Sky Pokers decision on any punishment so stay out of it please as they seem to have decided that all is ok.

6: The other person (David Dearlove) has admitted it and has said on another forum that he is expecting a ban as those are the rules so let's just ban him and leave Dave Harvey alone please.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________

No idea what is going on at Sky Towers but this is a bit of a strange one and could have easily been sorted by Sky.

The 3rd Link I posted is incorrect, here is the correct one: http://tinypic.com/r/2z4zf29/8

Here is another set of messages from David Harvey saying that Sky knew so must have allowed collusion? http://tinypic.com/1r54rsrq
Old April 13th, 2015, 19:30
Derby Winner

Talking The Next episode of this Saga

You couldn't make it up, this story ..
Apparently those 2 players are playing tonight in the same tournament, also I'm told that the player concerned has also won Sky's main event 'The Primo' in the past .. ..
Just so glad I don't play there anymore
Anyways here's the continuing story from '2Plus2' forum ..

Old Yesterday, 02:09 PM #16
bluestreak
stranger

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So it looks like admit cheating and everything is ok with sky. If i remember rightly two players colluded last year on a DYM challenge, and where lambasted by the sky community and rightly so, what's the difference here.

PS they were also band and had winnings taken back..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by bluestreak; Yesterday at 02:30 PM.
bluestreak is offline Reply With Quote

Old Today, 03:05 AM #17
LukeSilver
grinder

sky is as dodgy as ultimate bet now.
LukeSilver is offline Reply With Quote

Old Today, 03:10 AM #18
Bobo Fett
2+2 Ad Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeSilver View Post
sky is as dodgy as ultimate bet now.

Is there something beyond this thread? There should be a whole lot of something, to make that comparison.
Bobo Fett is offline Reply With Quote

Old Today, 08:33 AM #19
1gambler
grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paracetamol View Post

Hi David
1gambler is offline Reply With Quote

Old Today, 08:39 AM #20
InnocentRV
stranger

Hi, I'm David Harvey.

I HAVE NEVER ADMITTED COLLUSION, nor EVER taken part in Any..
My Legal People are looking presently at this thread & other Accusations on Social Media.

......My Poker Story, briefly

Poker is just a Hobby for me, Fun, Escape from Business Pressures, where luckily for me, I have had Much Success.

I also Run & Founded Sky Team HitSquad, as hobby, 5/6 Years ago.
..and been donking off money on Sky for 6 Years, just for fun like.

I Have stood up against Trolls & Haters who slagged TK, Sky Presenters, Me & others, earning me many enemies over Years, some of whom are Banned form Sky for varying misdemeanors.

This Controversial 'Story'

Once upon a time in Cyber Troll Land....
A Few Months ago....
A Guy Joined HitSquad, after approaching Us out of blue on Sky Forum.
He was welcomed in & took part, gaining our trust.

It seems now, he 'may' have been a plant all along.

About 6 weeks ago, in the Sky Forum DTD on Mondays, run by my friends, and with my help in past for years. He was on my table. [Fook, if only he was not eh?, as no other accusations have EVER been made against me]

Having never messaged me before during play, he did, and asTeam newbie I responded, I don't normally do any FB while playing, not good enough!

His convo, he instigated, began something like 'Tuff table' etc, 'whos good here?', any notes, standard i guess...
....he then went on later to discussing hands briefly we played, like a coaching, this however deteriorated.....I said so & became uncomfortable, probably was naive where this had been taken, so ended convo.

Next day being uncomfortable with situation, and fact that I had been victim of attempted stich-up & lies before, I messaged few folks I trusted to see how to proceed, I wont name any names, but these included 2 Sky forum Mods, a League admin & another official. To tell them about this attempted Collusion, as this was all it was i felt, importantly!! Unfortunatley stuff now being touted everywhere looks alot different

Message came back, that FB chats or pics cannot be verified but HH can be checked.

Was considering options for best & honesty, & with other stuff had decided with HitSquad admins this Guy was not for us at all.
Before we could eject from our Team, he left to join another..

All was quiet for 3/4 weks, had no further advice form anyone, so decided to leave it as a lesson learnt.

Then 2 weeks ago I was approached & threatened with blackmail over this.
I had to put him & a Colleague back into The FOSP, 'Friends of Sky Poker' group of which i was admin, & co-founder, or suffer the consequences.

Me Being Me, & Standing up to Bullies, Blackmail, Conspiracy, stood my Ground, refusing, [and probably swearing a Fooking bit, lol]

They then went public, with a 'version' of events, on FB, Sky Forum, Now here.
Also issuing personal threats!

Thoses who really know me, know my Ethic & Ethos.

I Now wear my Heart on My sleeve for Jackals & Jackdaws to peck at..
and this will be my only riposte here, as legally I been advised to stay out of any arguments.

But I am Stronger than Enemies could imagine & will get thru this...

I Hope that The Sky Poker Community, Sky & others allow this to be dealt with fairly, Please, and in private, as I had tried to sort.

My Reputation means alot to me, but I will not ignore this smear campaign by many haters, and their helping Sheep.

Many of You may know me or Know of me, I will never Hide.
Hope if any of you want, we can have a pint & chat sometime.
I always try to clear air politley if possible.

Thanks 2+2 for allowing me in to respond to these allegations.
There seem to have been many Kangeroo Courts about!!
In My Opinion, this is between Me, Sky and Folks involved.

I know this may be picked to pieces, so Haters do your worst, what will be will be, and what goes around, WILL come around!!

I am Not a Cheat.
This Last time I will say.

GL

The Hitman

Last edited by InnocentRV; Today at 08:54 AM.
InnocentRV is offline Reply With Quote

Old Today, 09:31 AM #21
drumbeat
stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMD View Post
It would definitely be worth emailing the gambling commission. I've been told it was 10nl but it's just as important for sky to deal with it regardless of what stakes it was. Sky have always been viewed as a bit of a joke network and how they don't take action against a collider when the evidence is as strong as this backs this perception up.

How can anyone now feel comfortable playing there?

if you ask a politician the best way to make lots of many they would say take pennies off the plebs. they wont notice. David i think as decided to use this tack. so how long as this been going on. check out your hand histories
if you play on sky and demand a refund if you have ever played against this Harvey guy.
drumbeat is offline Reply With Quote

Old Today, 11:21 AM #22
the_bi_one
stranger

[QUOTE=InnocentRV;46643176]Hi, I'm David Harvey.

My Legal People are looking presently at this thread & other Accusations on Social Media.

When you legal team looks into this matter, make sure you show them a copy of your statement on sky forum where you state,

" YES I CHEATED, YES I COLLUDED, SOMEONE MADE ME ANGRY"

as for legal teams, maybe there should be one put together for possible litigation against yourself for cheating people out of money.

The facts are simple, you got caught colluding with another player, you admitted it on the sky forum, but this was only after the posts of you cheating were put onto the social network sites.

Now, how dare you come onto this site and tell them your legal team is looking into it, you should be ashamed of yourself.
the_bi_one is offline Reply With Quote

Old Today, 11:48 AM #23
part-timer
stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnocentRV View Post
Hi, I'm David Harvey.

Poker is just a Hobby for me, Fun, Escape from Business Pressures, where luckily for me, I have had Much Success.

I Have stood up against Trolls & Haters who slagged TK, Sky Presenters, Me & others, earning me many enemies over Years, some of whom are Banned form Sky for varying misdemeanors.

A Few Months ago....

About 6 weeks ago, in the Sky Forum DTD on Mondays, run by my friends, and with my help in past for years. He was on my table. [Fook, if only he was not eh?, as no other accusations have EVER been made against me]

Having never messaged me before during play, he did, and asTeam newbie I responded, I don't normally do any FB while playing, not good enough!

His convo, he instigated, began something like 'Tuff table' etc, 'whos good here?', any notes, standard i guess...
....he then went on later to discussing hands briefly we played, like a coaching, this however deteriorated.....I said so & became uncomfortable, probably was naive where this had been taken, so ended convo.

Next day being uncomfortable with situation, and fact that I had been victim of attempted stich-up & lies before, I messaged few folks I trusted to see how to proceed, I wont name any names, but these included 2 Sky forum Mods, a League admin & another official. To tell them about this attempted Collusion, as this was all it was i felt, importantly!! Unfortunatley stuff now being touted everywhere looks alot different

Message came back, that FB chats or pics cannot be verified but HH can be checked.

Was considering options for best & honesty, & with other stuff had decided with HitSquad admins this Guy was not for us at all.

All was quiet for 3/4 weks, had no further advice form anyone, so decided to leave it as a lesson learnt.

I had to put him & a Colleague back into The FOSP, 'Friends of Sky Poker' group of which i was admin, & co-founder, or suffer the consequences.

Me Being Me, & Standing up to Bullies, Blackmail, Conspiracy, stood my Ground, refusing, [and probably swearing a Fooking bit, lol]

and this will be my only riposte here, as legally I been advised to stay out of any arguments.

I Hope that The Sky Poker Community, Sky & others allow this to be dealt with fairly, Please, and in private, as I had tried to sort.

My Reputation means alot to me, but I will not ignore this smear campaign by many haters, and their helping Sheep.

I know this may be picked to pieces, so Haters do your worst, what will be will be, and what goes around, WILL come around!!

I am Not a Cheat.

GL

The Hitman

A few points from your post if I may?

Firstly you say you have never admitted collusion or taken part in it. The fact you reported this to a number of officials seems to be an admission. The screen shots clearly show you naming your hole cards, your actions and intended target, to another, all in real time as the game progressed. That is collusion.

Your history of standing up to trolls whilst admirable, is frankly irrelevant.

If your trying to state the facts it's a bad idea to start with the words 'Once upon a time......'

You sat with one of your own team members who you now maintain is a plant. You further go on to say he blackmailed you into putting them back into the FOSP group or suffer the consequences. I assume by consequences you mean revealing to all and sundry your joint collusion. So you were blackmailed by two people who were so desperate to return to a group of players in a Facebook page (one that hardly sees a post from one week to the next) that is run by you! You certainly were a hero standing up to those nasty people. That's the funniest thing I've heard this year.

You go on to say that you reported it to the Sky forum mods. Surely if you were genuinely concerned then you should have reported it to Sky Poker Customer Care. Just a note on the reporting to the Sky Forum mods. A well known and leading Sky Forum moderator, only yesterday, stated categorically that he knew of no report to them about this matter.

From what you say it seems half the known world are against you: Blackmailers, Bullies, Conspiracy theorists, Jackals and Jackdaws, and sheep.

You go on to mention Kangaroo Courts. This thread was started because, according to you, the matter was reported to Sky 6 weeks ago. It came to light after the other party decided, for whatever reason, to publish the screen shots of your chat together. 6 weeks is a long time for both of you to have been continuing to play poker on Sky.

Lastly you seem to think that your apparent collusion is everyone elses fault and that you are the innocent party who has been bullied and blackmailed into what took place. I've never heard such tosh in all my life.

You need to man up, grow up, and take responsibility for your actions.
part-timer is online now Reply With Quote

Old Today, 12:19 PM #24
Dickie Poo
stranger

To INNOCENTRV if that is you,why did you say in one of the screenshots, 'Not Collusion just training ' then?
Dickie Poo is offline Reply With Quote

Old Today, 12:57 PM #25
RigioHead
stranger

+ 1 to above post (the long reply one)

I would like to add that I closed my poker account immediately after researching this issue. Geez on-line poker has a bad enough name as it is without SEMI-AFFILIATED site members colluding. Never in my life have I heard such corruption spun in such a surreal manner.

Naivety and stake are neither here nor there. I also cancelled my Sky Vegas account as if I can't trust them to root out nonsense such as this, how can I trust them to run a fair casino?

Flip side I still use Sky for my TV, internet and phone
RigioHead is offline Reply With Quote

Old Today, 01:01 PM #26
part-timer
stranger

InnocentRV - David Harvey: Let's just take a look at some quotes from your chat

David Harvey
''Ak Gotta shuv''

David Harvey
''I have J N1''

David Harvey
''a7 I folded A8 UL''

David Harvey
''all we spoke of here stays in confidence i hope, touched areas i did not like''
''best we both delete maybe''

David Harvey
''sry was in massively elsewhere''
'' ps. No collusion, just training''

These all seem to be very friendly. you don't appear to be under any stress. I don't see any pressure from the other party.

You have called the above ''an anger driven moment, after a lot of nasty goading, is deeply regretted, apologies were made on Sky Forum''

In that last quote you tell a downright lie when you say you were goaded. There is no sign of goading in the screenshots, in fact you call him 'mate' and wish him good luck.

In that last quote you say you regret it. Surely an admission and you say you apologised on the Sky Forum. Apologised for what if you were the victim?

Your whole argument is full of holes!
part-timer is online now Reply With Quote

Old Today, 01:29 PM #27
Big_Mick00
Carpal \'Tunnel

link to sky thread please
Big_Mick00 is online now Reply With Quote

Old Today, 01:41 PM #28
MMD
Carpal \'Tunnel

lol @ my legal team.
MMD is offline Reply With Quote

Old Today, 01:56 PM #29
Paracetamol
stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnocentRV View Post
Hi, I'm David Harvey.

A Few Months ago....

I am Not a Cheat.

GL

The Hitman

--------------------------------------------

So that's the man himself explaining that this is just a big confusion and any other posts he made were taken out of context.

I think that it is only fair that now this has all been cleared up that the screen shots linked above showing the collusion and his original admittance on the Sky Thread be removed because the only explanation that matters is this one now.

That also will silence the idiots who said that I was Dave!
Paracetamol is offline Reply With Quote

Old Today, 01:56 PM #30
Dickie Poo
stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMD View Post
lol @ my legal team.

' WOOF WOOF WOOF'

thats his legal team.
Dickie Poo is offline Reply With Quote

Reply Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Tweet
Old April 13th, 2015, 22:49
Derby Winner

Default hahaha

Now this just goes to show what there customer care think ??
You couldn't make this stuff up. they're a law unto themselves that lot

(see photo below, customer care response)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg d9c8510619e9000179bf21aab5051a41.jpg (5.6 KB, 5 views)
Old April 14th, 2015, 21:23
Dedicated Punter

Ive been following this on the forums , and it would appear that one of them has been banned and Hitman hasnt . Seems bizarre to me that he escapes scot free when you read the screenshots.
kendal who normally has something to say whenever anyone questions skys integrity is unusually quiet on the subject , and i find it quite nauseous that the smug , self righteous neil channing is more than happy to ignore the topic and carry on promoting the site on his fb page .
Old April 15th, 2015, 10:06
Ha'Way the Lads

Well done on bringing this to light on the biggest poker forum, I hope SKY poker dies a death from this.

... on a side note, why would you have neil channing on your facebook anyway ?
Old April 15th, 2015, 13:54
Dedicated Punter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredeyes View Post
Well done on bringing this to light on the biggest poker forum, I hope SKY poker dies a death from this.

... on a side note, why would you have neil channing on your facebook anyway ?
The only way theyll die a death is if regs on there who arent happy with the theyve dealt with this stop playing/close down their accounts in sufficient numbers and hit them in their pockets . if the Channing question is directed at me , the answer is i dont and wouldnt , if a general question , then i guess he does have friends , and people who actually want to hear what he has to say about poker and glean the odd useless horse tip