14:12
Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > General Sport Discussion > Talk Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

World championship darts...

Old December 18th, 2008, 15:02
talk sport tipster

Default World championship darts...

Starts tomorrow until christmas eve and continues boxing day....

As usual Phil The Power Taylor will be the hot fav to lift his 14th title but over the last few years the sport has attracted a lot of new younger players and i think Phil will have his work cut out this year.

I will be looking at the players in more detail tomorrow and give you all my selections...

Darts is a very profitable betting income for me as there are always plenty of shocks and some very good bets to be had both on the backing and laying.
Old December 18th, 2008, 16:43
numpty

Default gl mate

looking to make a few coins myself on the darts

ive laid taylor @ 1.61 as i dont think he will win and even if he does he should he higher than 8/13

i will go into more detail tomorrow for my bets, some cracking matches and going to be 13 days of good darts
Old December 18th, 2008, 16:49
talk sport tipster

Yep and im sure we will land a few good bets between us before the last dart is thrown..
Old December 19th, 2008, 14:47
talk sport tipster

Default Some good bets...

The PDC world darts gets underway tonight and i think we can get off to a winning start with three of the matches looking a lot closer then the betting suggests..

Roland Schoulton 9/4 against Rodriegez 1/3

Schoulton is although not playing anywhere near as good as he did a few years ago is a massive price in a two horse race...I will be Laying Rodriegez to lose £30 against a win of £100

Wayne Jones @ 9/4 is another good bet tonight and i will play up any winnings from Schoulton on this game at those odds.

Andy Jenkins @ evens looks another tasty bet.

A small £10 treble the three pays...just over £200 ..

Now looking at the outright winner......Taylor at 1/2 is no value nor in my opinion is Barney or James Wade.

So i like the look of COLIN LLOYD @ 100/1 to win outright or 12/1 to reach the semi final.

A e/w bet on Lloyd at 100/1 (50/1 to make the final) looks too big to miss and also a bet at 12/1 for him to make the semis.

MARK DUDBRIDGE likes this tournement and again at around 150/1 looks worth a few quid e/w and also at 14/1 to make the semis.....

Lets start with these and hopefully we will be in profit by tomorrow........
Old December 19th, 2008, 15:44
numpty

Default some good shouts there mate............

some i agree some i dont.............

5 matches tonight with one of those being a preliminary match between french and nagakawa to set up a 1st rnd tie with dennis priestly

french is massive 1.22 fav and i think he will win but no value at all........

first match of the night sees R Scholten take on C Rodriguez, im with you on this one tony im going against the bookies and fancy a scholten win @ 9/4......

2nd match sees R Thornton take on W Jones with thornton being 1.40 fav with jones 9/4 outsider to progress which will almost certainly be a 2nd rnd tie with W Mardle who plays the winner of the prelim with fatum vs oconner

im going against you here mate and think thornton will progress to the 2nd rnd where he will face mardle..........thornton to win 3-1 @ 3.60 appeals

3rd match sees defending champion J Part take on B Davis and part is massive 1.10 fav to progress with davis 6.50 outsider, no value whatsoever in part but you can double you profit on part by getting 1.20 on him to win....

part to win 3-0 is 2.00 and part to win 3-1 is 3.00, dutch the 2 together and you get 1.20......not in a month of sundays can i see davis taking 2 sets off part, part 3-0 @ evens looks the value here

last match of the night sees A Jenkins take on Co Stompe, bookies have stompe as slight fav @ 1.72 with jenkins at 2.00

this to me is a tough one to predict and either of he can progress and really is a 50/50 in my eyes so on that note i couldnt back stompe @ 1.72 and my money would have to go on jenkins but i think i have found a better bet in his match........

this in my opinon will be the tightest match of he night and will go to the final set with someone winning 3-2

jenkins to win 3-2 is 5.00 and stompe to win 3-2 is 4.50 dutch the 2 together and you get a tasty 2.37 which is where my money will be going......

im more of a watcher than a better when it comes to the 1st rnd as i like to see how players are playing and how their form/confidence is so i wont have many bets until the 2nd or even 3rd rnd but there is a couple of 1st rnd bets i like the look of...........

thornton to beat jones and painter to clark double pays 2.10............ladbrokes (2pts

jenkins to win 3-2 or stompe to win 3-2 @ 2.37.............bet365 (2pts)

4pts total

if jenkins/stompe goes to the final set then ill be freerolling on the double where thornton plays tonight and painter tomorow afternoon
.................................................. .................................................. ................................

if things go the way i think they will then J Wade will be playing D Priestly in the 1/4 final and ive backed priestly to reach the semi @ 10/1 with a saver on wade @ 5/4

1pt wade to reach semi @ 5/4
1pt priestly to reach semi @ 10/1

should be a cracking 13 days of darts
Old December 19th, 2008, 15:59
talk sport tipster

Default Great write up m8...

And im sure there will be plenty of shocks along the way (hopefully were on..)

I quite like John Part @ 70/1 even though his path to the final looks hard. He has slimmed down over the last few months and if his game is back to where it was a a few years ago hes a big price.

I also like your Preistly bet....hes very steady and in right side of the draw to do well.

James Wade i dont like........think he has got a bit big headed and his darts has suffered with it.

Like your 3-2 bet tonight and thats one i will be on...

Lets hope Roland gets us off to a flyer....Ive layed Rodregiez at 1.36 so £36 to £100......
Old December 19th, 2008, 19:24
numpty

Default scholten vs rodriquez......

alot closer than the bookies had it anyway

think he started to feel the pain come the 3rd set and never looked comfortable from then on

at least the value was there tony mate
Old December 19th, 2008, 19:34
talk sport tipster

Default £30 down already

The amount of times ive backed Scholton and hes always done this....i had him at massive odds last year and he blew it and although he wasnt at his best he should have easily won that game.

Your right...he never looked like winning that last set but thats the story of his career.

It was a lot closer then the bookies had it but really Rodregiez was there for the taking....
Old December 19th, 2008, 20:05
numpty

Default french vs nagakawa.....

.........priestly must be loving this, both utter garbage

i am better than these 2 and that isnt me being comical i am honestly am better than these 2

might have to get myself to the qualies next year if this is the standard
Old December 19th, 2008, 20:08
talk sport tipster

Loooool, they are useless...