Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > Poker > Poker
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Tony Kendall has been 'rumbled' on Sky Poker

Old May 10th, 2015, 00:09
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Thumbs up Tony Kendall has been 'rumbled' on Sky Poker

The truth is finally coming out, and here is a post from 2+2 today on how Tony Kendall allegedly colluded with a friend ....

That site is so full of cheats , and yet when anyone says anything or complains, it is them who gets banned ..
That site should be investigated (seriously)
Here's the thread from 2+2 including Tony Kendall's apology

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 05-07-2015, 05:11 PM #334
Dobie2089

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

forget all this bollocks ...we all know that sky sng's are rife with collusion , and have been from day one ...the following post sums up skys cs and the ass lickers on the forum ...the poor guy has a torturous time getting his prob resolved and u get these asswipes defending it >>>>>

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poke...2-64bfeedf0ddf
Dobie2089 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 05-07-2015, 05:39 PM #335
part-timer
enthusiast

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobie2089 View Post
forget all this bollocks ...we all know that sky sng's are rife with collusion , and have been from day one ...the following post sums up skys cs and the ass lickers on the forum ...the poor guy has a torturous time getting his prob resolved and u get these asswipes defending it >>>>>

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poke...2-64bfeedf0ddf

Yes these ''people'' crop up on any thread whenever the slightest criticism of Sky occurs. In this instance they are actually defending Sky Customer Service, saying it's not their fault because they aren't trained to be customer service reps for poker.

Laughable!
part-timer is offline Reply With Quote

Old Today, 06:18 PM #336
part-timer
enthusiast

Posts: 74 Mr Sky Poker himself, Tony Kendall, is no stranger to naughty moves at the table. This c&p refers to a UKOPS satellite where he was seated at the same table as a friend in 2014.

This is the post where the ''error'' is pointed out.........

I'm sure you know a lot more about poker ethics than me and that this is just a fun micro-stakes games, but this still seems a tad naughty imo. You've effectively agreed to consolidate your stacks, giving the winner of the flip a free rebuy and a significant advantage over his or her opponents. Would you still have made third place in this tournament without that double-up? I've no idea how far into the tournament this happened, but had the UKOPS entry been available macagirl1 would have had a far greater chance of winning it than anybody else.
Posted by xxxxxxx

Tony Kendall's reply was ............

It was fairly early in the Tourney as I recall, the starting stack was 4,000, & I had around 7,000 at the time after a "fast start".

It's impossible to say if I would have finished 3rd without that double up, but I agree, it's highly unlikely.

No "naughtyness" or ill-intent existed, it was spur of the moment, & just intended as fun. The rest of the Table seemed to enjoy & applaud the "spirit" of it.

I'm more than happy to donate my winnings to charity if anyone thinks my actions were unethical.

It was, genuinely, just a bit of fun between two fierce competitors & good friends, not pre-meditated in any way, & not intended to confer any advantage over anyone.

"effectively agreed to consolidate stacks" was certainly not how it was intended, it never crossed my mind.

I do see your point, though.

Apologies to anyone who felt this was improper. (ffs is he for real)

Needless to say the usual Sky regulars were there almost immediately to defend Mr Kendall's actions. The guy who tried to point out the error of his ways was quickly shot down. It was only a £2.20 satellite after all.

The irony of it is that one of those who defended Mr Kendall's actions and criticised the fact that it had been pointed out was none other than the player who was colluded against in this thread.........

''Nothing to apologise for Tikay.

Been blown completely out of proportion.''

You couldn't make this stuff up

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poke...kCurrentPage=1

The thread continues with a statement from the critic and a reply from the guy who 5 months later is the target of collusion in this thread.........

''Nobody, including me, gives a hoot about this particular incident.

The danger here is the precedent it sets.

Let's say two friends make it to tonight's UKOPS final table and decide to do exactly the same thing, ie openly agree to go all-in blind against each other, sacrificing one of the stacks for sixth place money, then use the combined big stack to run over the remaining four players.

They could quite rightly cite this thread as evidence that it's a tactic used and endorsed by the face of Sky Poker, with the full support of members of this community. It would put Tikay in a very awkward position

If you say it's OK to do this in the mid-stages of a £2.20 Deepie, but not a UKOPS Main Event final table where do you draw the line? Should it be allowed in £5.75 Bounty Hunters, but not in £11 Bounty Hunters? Should it be allowed up to level 4 of tournaments, but not from level 5 onwards?

It's impossible to draw such lines, it either has to be allowed in all games or not allowed at all.''

''So why even bring it up?

And it doesn't set any precedents. Little bit of common sense goes a long way.''

Whoops ...

(Bennys View) .. Since I got banned myself a good few years ago now, I've always known to say anything against Tony Kendall meant either his 'mods' would 'ban' you, or he would get you banned himself ..
As I've said on many occasions , it's his forum on Sky and he looks after his own personal friends.
The thing that has come to light here, is he has colluded with a friend for gain. Lets hope one day the 'Gaming Commission' get hold of him, and close the site down ...

Still it's his site , and his immortal words are like mad Russian's ,
'In my club and I do what the 'fu'ck I like' ...