04:47
Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > Football > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sam Alladyce - Not worried

Old February 14th, 2015, 13:04
talk sport tipster

Give it another three weeks and he will be concentrating on avoiding relegation......
Old February 14th, 2015, 13:30
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony2005 View Post
Give it another three weeks and he will be concentrating on avoiding relegation......
Yes , Still I'm glad Gold and Sullivan had the sense NOT to give him another contract yet ..
Old February 26th, 2015, 15:11
Derby Winner

Allardyce happy with Noble deal ..

Sam Allardyce hailed Mark Noble as one of a dying breed of one-club men after the West Ham midfielder penned a new, long-term contract.

The 27-year-old has been at the club since the age of 13 and has now signed a deal that will keep him there until 2020 - by which time the Hammers will be fully rooted at their new home at the Olympic Stadium.

And boss Allardyce believes the former England Under-21 international has a special bond with supporters having held such a long affinity for the club.

"Mark Noble is one of their own, there's no doubt about that," he said of his vice-captain.

"He is West Ham born and bred. Somebody who commits to one club like he's done is pretty rare these days. I think it's good news for everybody.

"We've got James Tomkins as well, another West Ham boy. They've both come through the academy which is what we're all striving for these days.

"It's something that is becoming harder and harder to achieve. As academy boys it's great to see them still here and doing well."

Allardyce, 60, feels the need for a player to have an instant impact on the first-team is a reason many clubs have decided to bring in ready-made talent rather than nurture their own through the ranks.

"I think we live in a world of less patience, especially football," he added.

"It's almost a week by week, month by month mentality. Long-term policies don't seem to be so attractive any more due to the need of instant success.

"On the basis of that, it's harder to feed a youngster into the first team. You only have to look at when I played the youngsters in the FA Cup (last season, a 5-0 defeat to Nottingham Forest) and got slaughtered for it.

"I think the system is broken. At the moment we have to get them in the first team on loan somewhere else, before we bring them into our first-team."

Noble, who has a reported January target for QPR, was pleased to tie himself down to the club for the foreseeable future and insists he will strive to give his all for the Hammers.

"I'm obviously over the moon because it takes me until I'm 33," Noble said on the club's official website.

"I'm very happy with the contract and very grateful to the chairmen for giving me it and I'm looking forward to the next five years.

"I love playing football and I love playing for the club so to be rewarded with a new five-and-a-half-year contract is fantastic.

Noble is likely to line-up for West Ham when they welcome London rivals Crystal Palace to Upton Park on Saturday lunchtime, with Allardyce expecting a tough game courtesy of the Eagles' pacey, attacking talent.

"I think they will come and maybe play with probably counter-attacking players," he said.

"I think in wide areas they've got some exciting, talented players. Jason Puncheon, Wilfried Zaha and Yannick Bolasie are all very quick and dangerous - Yaya Sanogo and Dwight Gayle too.

"But our home form is good and our performances of late have been exceptional, even though we sit with three points rather than seven. So we'll be looking to turn another good performance into a result this Saturday."
Old March 2nd, 2015, 17:28
Derby Winner

West Ham v Chelsea on Wednesday . I wonder what Sam's tactics will be for this one
Old March 4th, 2015, 21:08
Derby Winner

Relegation zone for Sam now .. But he's now worried
Old March 5th, 2015, 15:10
talk sport tipster

Haha...i dont think he is but....

Maybe you should change the title of this thread to.

" Sam Alladyce - Not worried....Every West Ham fan is though".......
Old March 14th, 2015, 16:53
Derby Winner

Arsenal 3 - 0 West Ham .. are the hammers happy Sam ??
Old March 22nd, 2015, 12:24
Derby Winner

Default Sam just gets funnier

Allardyce targets strong finish .. . March 22 2015

Manager Sam Allardyce has challenged his West Ham squad to build on their hard-earned win over Sunderland to secure the club's best Barclays Premier League finish since promotion.
(Hard earned ?? They were lucky !!)

The Irons recorded a first league victory after January 18 with a late goal from Diafra Sakho to hand new Sunderland head coach Dick Advocaat defeat in his first game in charge.

West Ham had been in the European qualification places earlier in the campaign, only for a wretched run of form and injuries since the turn of the year to put pay to those ambitions.

Allardyce, though, is confident the east London club can now push on to do better than their top-10 finish of 2012-13 in their first campaign back in the Premier League after winning the Championship play-off final at Wembley.

"This squad needs to grow, to get bigger and better, but we need to finish this season off much better than 46 points," said Allardyce, whose current contract expires in the summer.

"Certainly by Christmas we had reset our goals to make sure we were going to get more points in the Premier League than we had ever done."

Allardyce will take his side to bottom club Leicester after the international break, when he hopes some of their injuries will have cleared up.

"It has been a tough old period, but hopefully we will see more victories as the season draws to a close," Allardyce added on West Ham TV.

"Hopefully we will have Winston Reid and Enner Valencia back after the international break, so it has probably come at a good time for us with regard to getting some of the injured players back, which would be great."

Sunderland, meanwhile, returned to the north east empty handed, but with the players having at least shown Advocaat some positives to build on.

The final outcome could have been much different had striker Jermain Defoe, against his former club, not smashed the ball into the stands when clean through on 15 minutes.

Defender Patrick Van Aanholt also had a long-range shot turned behind by West Ham keeper Adrian before Sakho settled matters with a neat finish from Mark Noble's flick into the penalty area, which looked to come after a foul on Seb Larsson by Nene.

Advocaat is confident he has plenty to work with ahead of the Easter Sunday showdown with Newcastle at St James' Park, when midfielder Adam Johnson will again be in contention having come off the bench following his club suspension being lifted after a Police investigation.

Midfielder Jack Rodwell said on the club's official website: "We have felt positive (going into the game) and were unlucky not to get at least a point.

"We have eight more games to go now and we have to keep fighting."

Bennys view >> (What a clown he his, I heard the West Ham fans wanted him on the train up to Sunderland with their supporters)
Old April 11th, 2015, 23:08
Derby Winner

How much more of this pain .. Just go Sam
Old April 19th, 2015, 13:27
Derby Winner

Allardyce expects determined City .. April 18 2015

West Ham manager Sam Allardyce is not bothered by how Manchester City will react to their slump, only that his own players produce the goods at the Ethiad Stadium on Sunday.

A terrible run of form has seen City slip down into fourth place, their 4-2 loss to rivals Manchester United leaving Manuel Pellegrini's side well adrift of leaders Chelsea and now in a battle to stay ahead of Liverpool in the race for Champions League qualification.

However, West Ham are also in need of some consistency, with a stoppage-time goal conceded at home to Stoke denying them what would have been only a third league win of 2015.

"I am more concerned about getting the best out of my team," said Allardyce, whose side are now in 10th place, having once looked set for a European qualification challenge themselves. (Oh you clown )

"Maybe City are a wounded animal and they might come out all guns blazing or they might be tentative. We won't know until the match starts.

"We are expecting them to put in a determined performance in front of their own fans."

Allardyce added: "The motivation for our players should be that they have let themselves down by not achieving the results that they should have done from the positions we have been in.

"We want to get the feel-good factor back by winning a few games and getting the confidence back up."

Allardyce believes the Irons can yet go on to secure their best finish since winning promotion back to the top flight.

"At the moment we want to reach the 50-point mark or higher, that will make sure we finish higher than we have done in the three years we have been back," he said.

West Ham will be without Senegal forward Diafra Sakho because of a thigh strain, but Enner Valencia has recovered from a foot problem and so will lead the front line alongside veteran striker Carlton Cole.

Allardyce said: "Those two guys have to perform to the very best and find the goals we need to try to win the game.

"Playing at our top level is our aim on Sunday. Whether that gets us the result or not we will have to wait and see based on the quality of the opposition we are against, because when you play Manchester City all of your players have to be on top form in all areas.

"If our lads have their shooting boots on, which we need, then you never know." ..

Bye bye Sam you talk bollocks, oh and what's the score at half-time ?? 2 - 0 City ,,