Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > Football > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sam Alladyce - Not worried

Old October 23rd, 2014, 16:15
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Talking Sam Alladyce - Not worried

Allardyce relaxed on new deal

Sam Allardyce insists he is not worried about being offered a new contract at West Ham despite his current deal expiring at the end of the season.

Allardyce led the Hammers to promotion from the Championship two years ago and the team have enjoyed an excellent start to their third campaign in the top flight, sitting fourth in the Barclays Premier League table.

West Ham's form will be particularly satisfying for Allardyce, who was criticised by Hammers fans last season and appeared to have been ordered to impose a more attractive style of play by the club's co-owners David Gold and David Sullivan in a statement from the pair earlier this year.

Allardyce signed a two-year extension to his contract in May 2013 but the former Bolton boss is happy to wait before committing his future again.

"The conversations are the same as they were in the first year in the Premier League - we'll see how the season progresses and when the time is right," Allardyce said.

"If it has progressed to a certain level that they want to offer me a new contract, that's fine.

"At my age it doesn't particularly worry me a great deal. Contracts are made and broken in the entire football industry - it doesn't mean anything like it used to because a long or short contract doesn't protect you.

"It's a winning culture you need - if you continue to win, you improve the club."

West Ham's strong start owes much to the form of their summer signings who have adjusted quickly to the pace of the English top flight.

Diafra Sakho has scored five goals in as many games but the likes of Enner Valencia, Mauro Zarate, Alex Song and Aaron Cresswell have all made valuable contributions.

"Is this the best team I've had here? It looks like it," Allardyce said.

"It's been a big bonus with the new players hitting the ground running, producing quality form straight away.

West Ham Fixtures

West Ham v Man City ... 2 - 1 ..

Stoke v West Ham ... 2 - 2
West Ham v A Villa ... 2 - 2
Everton v West Ham .. 2 - 1
West Ham v Newcastle .. 1 - 0
W Brom v West Ham .. 1 - 2
West Ham v Swansea ... 3 - 1
S'land v West Ham ...... 1 - 1
West Ham v Leicester .. 2 - 0
Chelsea v West Ham ... 2 - 0
West Ham v Arsenal ... 1 - 2 ..robbed by the ref
West Ham v West Brom ... 1 - 1
Swansea City v West Ham .. 1 - 1
West Ham v Hull City .. 3 - 0
Liverpool v West Ham .. 2 - 0
West Ham v Man Utd .. 1 - 1
Southampton v West Ham .. 0 - 0
Tottenham v West Ham .. 2 - 2
West Ham v Crystal Palace .. 1 - 3
West Ham v Chelsea .. 0 - 1
Arsenal v West Ham .. 3 - 0
West Ham v Sunderland .. 1 - 0
Leicester v West Ham .. 1 - 0
West Ham v Stoke City .. 1 - 1
Man City v West Ham .. 2 - 0
Q-P-Rangers v West Ham .. 0 - 0
West Ham v Burnley .. 1 - 0
Aston Villa v West Ham .. 1 - 0
West Ham v Everton .. 1 - 2
Newcastle v West Ham .. 2 - 0

"Every new signing has made a really good contribution - it's lifted the rest of the team, increased the quality and energy."

Allardyce continued: "We have a good environment. My early days with Bolton taught me not to just think about the player - think about the family and how you integrate them into the culture.

"It's hard to do, particularly if they don't speak English well. That's been one help we've had - the environment here is a happy one and one where everyone is accepted."

The Hammers are aiming for their fourth win in five games on Saturday but face a tough test at home to reigning champions Manchester City.

City thrashed Tottenham 4-1 last weekend and if the Hammers are to avoid a similar fate they will need to stop Sergio Aguero, who hit four against Spurs and another in the Champions League on Tuesday.

"He has been plagued with a few injures in the World Cup and in the early season for Man City but you saw a fully fit Aguero last week," Allardyce said.

"Not only did he score four but he missed a penalty so he could have had five. Sometimes you have to say he's just unstoppable.

"We've got to try to focus on limiting service to him - the lads in front of the defence can make life difficult.

"That's the key element to keeping him quiet because he can receive the ball even when he's marked and wriggle free. He's a fantastic finisher."

Last edited by bennythedip2; May 24th, 2015 at 16:26.
Old October 24th, 2014, 12:34
Derby Winner

Default West Ham team (Sat 25th Oct)

Team news for Saturday's Barclays Premier League clash between West Ham and Manchester City.

West Ham will be boosted by the returns of James Tomkins and Cheikhou Kouyate for their Barclays Premier League match at home to Manchester City.

Defender Tomkins and midfielder Kouyate have recovered from thigh and groin problems respectively while striker Andy Carroll is back in training but not considered ready for the clash at Upton Park.

Guy Demel (thigh), Joey O'Brien (knee) and James Collins (groin) are also out injured.

Teams:

West Ham (from): Adrian, Jaaskelainen, Cresswell, Reid, Burke, Tomkins, Potts, Jenkinson, Noble, Kouyate, Song, Poyet, Nolan, Amalfitano, Downing, Vaz Te, Cole, Zarate, Sakho, Valencia.

Bennys View ..'C'mon You Hammers'

Happy Hammers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thBST6IF23.jpg (124.2 KB, 0 views)
Old October 25th, 2014, 16:59
Derby Winner

Stoke will be quaking in their boots now
Old November 6th, 2014, 16:37
Derby Winner

West Ham 5th in the league and the so called top teams are in turmoil
Old November 7th, 2014, 15:22
Derby Winner

West Ham duo win awards

West Ham duo Sam Allardyce and Diafra Sakho have won the Premier League Manager and Player of the Month awards for October. ..

Allardyce led the Hammers to three wins during the month, over QPR, Burnley and Manchester City and has taken them to fifth in the table, level on points with Arsenal.

“The personal pleasure is being able to pull a new team together as quickly we have done, and that’s not just down to me personally," said Allardyce.

“But as the head all departments in football at our club I think that, for us and particularly my backroom staff, the most pleasing thing overall is being able to fit new players into a team that’s enjoying their football at the moment and getting some exceptionally good results.”

Sakho scored three goals and made one assist during the month but admitted the award came as something of a shock.

“I’m a bit surprised," he said. "I’d like to thank everyone that’s helped me along the way, especially here and also earlier in my career at Metz.

“At the start of the season it was quite hard but that makes me even happier now I’ve managed to win this award, but the most important thing is for me to help the team continue to do well.”
Old November 29th, 2014, 17:53
Derby Winner

West Ham back on track with 1 - 0 win over Newcastle...

Back up to 5th place in the league
Old December 3rd, 2014, 15:34
Derby Winner

When the going gets tough ,,The tough get going
Old December 3rd, 2014, 17:13
talk sport tipster

Sam has turned round The Hammers this season and they are playing like a team that believes they can compete with all the premier leagues teams now and not just a few down the bottom.
Old December 3rd, 2014, 17:45
Dedicated Punter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennythedip2 View Post
When the going gets tough ,,The tough get going
"What problem ? some might say ..The problem is Sam Allardyce
When he goes the team can get back to playing football again.. If he stays then we'll end up in another relegation battle and the same problem will be there ..
Cut your loses now Mr Gold and Mr Sullivan .. Get him away sooner rather than later"

Can some one remind me who posted this in and end of season rant
Old December 7th, 2014, 14:24
Derby Winner

We love ya Sam .. Up to 3rd in the Premier League now . 3 - 1 win over Swansea