00:01
Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > General Sport Discussion > Talk Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

CT's Good, Not Bad and Ugly Cricket Bets

Old July 26th, 2012, 21:40
Serious Punter

Hi m8y!,

Glad to be back on a forum which I regard as a blooming decent one and well run too and certainly will be on here a bit more from now on!.

As for you know what, I also spoke to Ed and probably aired the same views to him as your good self and for me it is just a complete utter shower and total shambles and I thought the sensible thing to do was to walk away and cut all my ties with certain individuals and just get on with my life and associate myself with people who I respect, like and for me have an air of decency about them and are not afraid to air their opinions.

Anyway let's forget about that, T20 finals day is on the August Bank Holiday weekend and it would be interesting to find out from any site what the odds are of there being a "super over" because having finals day at Cardiff especially if the weather is iffy is asking for trouble imo and last year at Edgbaston both SF's went into "super overs" and I've just got a feeling that if rain intervenes, D/L method comes into play then there could be plenty of twists and turns.
Old July 28th, 2012, 18:57
talk sport tipster

Im fairly big on the cricket ..

I like the look of Sussex to and at around 9/4 could be the value CT

Yes its a Sussex v Hampshire final...

Old October 20th, 2012, 12:58
Serious Punter

Afternoon all!

Hope everyone is doing well!.....

Obviously I'm still sulking that my beloved Lancashire got relegated from Division 1 of the LV County Championship and that team who shall not be named won promotion to Division 1 but Lancs will bounce back I am sure of it.

Well watching the off field antics of the England Cricket Team regarding central contracts and one Mr Kevin Pietersen has been on a par with episodes of the Magic Roundabout and England could not have asked for an easier Winter tour than a trip to India - NOT!!!

England's record on the sub-continent is truly woeful and had they retained the World T20 title in Sri Lanka I would have fancied the upcoming test series to be a close knit affair but you could probably write the script for this test series of every pitch being flat as a pancake and I am going to go for the following:

Test Matches: 2-0 (India)
T20'S: 1-1
ODI'S: 3-2 (England)

As regards the first Test, I think India will win inside 4 days and for a bit of value should he play that is I would be very tempted to back Joe Root to be England's 1st innings top runscorer (5/1 on Paddy Power)
Old October 20th, 2012, 13:16
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2

Nice one Craig .. glk m8 hope all's well with you, (still getting the lot are you )
I'll have a couple of quid on this bet of yours .. glk
Old October 20th, 2012, 18:20
Serious Punter

Hi Bazza,

I'm doing well m8 and I hope your good self is doing the same! :).

Happy to say you can find little old me playing my Poker elsewhere online on either Encore or Grosvenor and certainly enjoy Poker 10 million times more than a certain other site I used to play on quite regular!.

With regards my cricket tips, I seriously think you cannot go wrong with having a few quid on Joe Root to be England's top run scorer in the 1st innings should he play of course but it's laughable that Paddy Power have made Pietersen 3/1 to be top run-scorer in the 1st as there is no way on this earth he will have a test-match mindset especially coming off the back of his IPL gravy train exploits.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 21:48
Serious Punter

Evening all!

Hope everyone is doing well......

In the next couple of days I shall be listing my county cricket bets for the forthcoming season however I have put my bets on for the US Masters Golf yesterday in Chester and this is what I have backed (all ew):

Charl Schwartzel........................................ ... 16/1

Justin Rose.............................................. ......20/1

KJ Choi.............................................. .100/1

Thomas Bjorn............................................. ...150/1

For me Rose at 20/1 is an absolute juicy price because for an European that probably knows how these US courses better than any other European in my honest opinion, certainly think not backing him would be scandalous especially on current form.

Eldrick at 3's for me is too short a price, Mcilroy is all over the shop form wise and for me cannot see it being a two horse race
Old April 2nd, 2013, 22:43
Derby Winner

Wink

Hi ya Craig ..
I see you've been traveling Europe, hope you had a great time ..
Yes some of the boys here a big golfing fans so hopefully your 'pick's will help all ..
Good luck and welcome home
Old April 3rd, 2013, 17:02
Serious Punter

Hi Bazza,

Yes certainly had a much needed 6 days away in both Berlin and Glasgow which was very enjoyable and it was also the first time ever that I've been in 3 countries within 1 day as it was a case of coming back from Germany my travel on the Monday was the following: Berlin-Manchester Airport - Manchester Piccadilly - Glasgow.

The latter I'll admit ended up disappointing as what I was meant to be going for in Glasgow didn't happen but I took a lot of positives from the Glasgow trip, ended up with an extra night free gratis which was very welcome and have made a load of new friends out of the experience so I'm well happy with that!.
Old April 9th, 2013, 21:35
Serious Punter

County Cricket Season starts tomorrow - Woooooooohooooooooo

So here are my predictions of who I am going to tip for the trophies this season:

LVCC Division 1 - Warwickshire 4/1 (Literally cannot see anyone giving Warwicks a fright this season and certainly could be the most boring Division 1 ever!)

LVCC Division 2 - Lancashire 4/1 (For me the Division 2 title is either coming to Old Trafford or it's going to the South Coast where certainly Kent and Hampshire will run Lancs close this season)

YB40 - Essex 16/1 (Always do well in the league format but seem to bottle it during the latter stages of the competition but Chelmsford is certainly not an easy place to get a victory and if they have a good solid consistent start they are certainly a good shout for this)

Friends Life T20 - Middlesex 25/1 (Usually the long time favourites for the T20 never win it and Middlesex are one of those teams who will not be fancied but could get on with it quietly, upset the form book again and win the trophy for a 2nd time)
Old April 10th, 2013, 15:19
Derby Winner

glk Craig .. If the main man says so, it must be worth a few shackles .
Enjoy your season, i assume were going to get some decent weather soon