Loooooooool, Captain...
Old August 10th, 2008, 11:27
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Talking Captain

Ha ha ha ha ha ha

Old August 11th, 2008, 07:19
Dedicated Punter

Awesome performance from Harrington - back to back Majors and his 3rd from his last 5 overall, with the last two probably the most testing courses/conditions players have had to endure over recent times.

Very unlucky to see that Flesch finished 6th Tony...still, a superb nomination mate

Of my guys, David Toms remained consistent but just fell away, i think 36 holes in one day took its toll on him but again happy with the pick and got a great run out of him, was really only the back 9 in Round 4 where my interest in getting a cash ceased.

Gutted to see Camilo Villegas finish 4th overall....the one time i havent backed the Colombian, though i also didnt follow him at the Open and then watched him shoot 65 in Round 2 amidst the carnage...but he is a MUST FOLLOW next season - he has ranked high in 3 out of 4 majors this season and been very consistent on the US Tour all year, and you normally can find some very healthy odds on him.

Very enjoyable tourney though, and congrats again to Padraig Harrington.
Old August 11th, 2008, 13:08
talk sport tipster

Default Thanks Sharky....

Luckily most firms pay first six places on the majors so just sneaked in for a payout....

Shame as i had him at 100/1 to be the top American and he finished 2nd to Curtis.......

Still got a 5th of the odds a place though...not a bad season for betting the golf..

Yes Toms played great but just faded away the last round and your right Villegas has played great again, all he needs to do is win a couple of tour events in the next few months to boost his confdence and as you said next season a player to follow.

Stenson though must be kicking himself...the boggey on the par five 12th cost him...most were birding that and if he had that would have taken him to 2 under....thats the second time this season hs been right there final round just to come up short..

Justin Rose had aother good finish but seems to have a few poor holes in these big tournes that takes him right out of contention....i think his short putting needs looking at and then he can be up there next season.

As for Casey once again my thoughts of him being a better match play player then stroke play have been proved right.

Monty im afraid will have to wait for the seniors tour as he cant compeate with the young guns on tour anymore and im sure Faldo will not be picking him as a wildcard for the Ryder Cup...

Westwood just looked shattered after his last months exploits and hopefully he will be full recharged come Sept 19th...

Last edited by Tony2005; August 11th, 2008 at 13:19.