15:19
Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > General Sport Discussion > Talk Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

The US Open Golf...Forum selections

Old June 17th, 2008, 09:03
Dedicated Punter

Thanks Shark, only being doing it for 6 months. It lets crap punters like me "get out" from time to time.
Old June 17th, 2008, 10:15
talk sport tipster

Default Was the most exciting major..

i can remember watching.......Tiger Woods proved just how far in front of the golfing world he is.

To play 91 holes in pain is almost impossible for most people let alone beating the best players in the world on one of the toughest courses.
Tiger is so far out in front of the rest i wonder how many majors he will end up winning in his career?. Hopefully the knee problem will in time compleatly mend and we will have the privalige of watching him for years to come.

As for Rocco Mediate....what can you say?, 45 years old not in the top 150 of the world rankings and still he has putts to win the toughest major...A very likable bloke who came across superbly in all the interviews and hopefully he can go forward after this and win something big.

Just a word for our own Lee Westwood....his time will come as he proved to everyone he deserves to be up there with the big boys and at the moment looks our best bet for a major victory in the next few years.

All i all a superb five days golfing entertainment and if our Open is half as exciting were in for a treat....

Just to add i thought Tiger was the value pre tournement and it was proved right to think that in the end even though we went through a few nightmare holes, but as Harry Findlay once said..." always back people who want to win as what ever their situation they somehow find a way to get to the winning post first ".........in Tigers case over the last five days... not a truer word has been spoken..
Old June 17th, 2008, 11:58
numpty

Default congrats to tiger

superb us open, enjoyed it from start to finish

fair play to rocco for sticking with him all the way, over the last rnd and the playoff he must have missed 3/4 prety makable 4/5 foot putts, if he sinks one of them he would have won, very good effort though and a very modest laid bk man

wonder when we will see tiger play again?
Old June 17th, 2008, 12:03
talk sport tipster

I would be very suprised if we see him again to the British Open