Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > General Sport Discussion > Talk Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

US Open Golf 2013

Old June 13th, 2013, 16:55
Ha'Way the Lads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part-Timer View Post
There are 52 groups of 3, 156 entrants in total.

Ahh well forget it !
Old June 14th, 2013, 17:59
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Default Update 6 30

Luke Donald today avoided making the same mistakes twice to remain well in contention for a first major title in the 113th US Open at Merion.

Luke Donald: Back in action on day two of the US Open
Merion course guideFamous US Open momentsFree £10 US Open betDonald held a one-shot lead over five-time US Open runner-up Phil Mickelson when play was suspended due to darkness yesterday evening following two delays for bad weather totalling more than four hours.

Play resumed at 7:13am this morning and Donald parred the difficult 14th and 15th - holes where Sergio Garcia hit consecutive drives out of bounds to run up a six and an eight respectively - to remain four under.

But the 35-year-old then three-putted the 16th and 18th - he also badly misread a birdie putt on the 17th - to card a two-under par 68 and finish one behind Mickelson.

"There was a complete switch in wind and obviously a big drop in temperature (from yesterday)," said Donald, who has never recorded a top-10 finish in the US Open and last led a major at the 2006 US PGA Championship.

"It meant 14 and 15 are playing long but it sort of made 16 and 18 easier and that's why it's a little disappointing to come off those two holes making bogey, despite hitting the greens."

Around 90 minutes later Donald was back on Merion's East Course to begin his second round and after a par on the 11th, he holed from 20ft for birdie on the 12th and then landed a delicate chip from over the 13th green for another.

He was unable to save par from a plugged lie in a bunker on the 15th, but this time got through the closing holes with three pars to lie three under alongside Mickelson, who was not due out until 3:41pm local time.

Playing partner Lee Westwood had resumed on one under after a double bogey on the 12th yesterday when his third shot to the par-four 12th clattered into one of the wicker baskets used instead of a standard flag and rebounded back off the front of the green.

He bogeyed the 17th on his way to a level-par 70 and then offered a typically sardonic response when asked about the incident.

R&A chief executive Peter Dawson was the rules official with his group and Westwood said: "Peter Dawson has assured me we will be going back to flags for the Open Championship, like normal people."

Westwood felt he was still in a good position but quickly found trouble in the second round, carding four bogeys, a double-bogey and two birdies in his first nine holes to drop to four over par.

That was the same score as world number one Tiger Woods, who had carded an opening 73 and was one over par for eight holes of his second round, while playing partner Rory McIlroy was one under for the same stretch and two over for the tournament.

Woods had winced in apparent pain from his left arm on several shots out of the rough but said: "It is what it is and you move on and I've got to get ready for this next round in a little bit.

"It's one of those golf courses where there's some easy holes and there's some hard holes that follow. You've got to take care of the easy holes and try and get through the hard ones and for some reason I left myself quite a few putts in there where they were easily makeable and I didn't make any."

update btd
Old June 14th, 2013, 18:35
I am Titty fancier

Mickelson first round leader brings home the bacon @ 33/1, I think anyone who can shoot par over the coming days will be the winner,dry weather forecast and them greens make Augusta greens look like my lawn. Im going back into the betting jungle with Poulter @ 66/1,Rose @ 22/1.
Old June 14th, 2013, 18:47
bookie basher

jerry Kelly @ 55/1
ew
Bubba Watson @ 66/1
ew
Old June 14th, 2013, 18:48
talk sport tipster

I doubt anyone will be under par after round 2....

Anyone who is +4 or better and still has to go out for round two has a decent chance..

Im on HUNTER MAHON @ 80/1 and

JOHN HUH @ 100/1
Old June 17th, 2013, 12:18
I am Titty fancier

very profitable for me and glad to see Rose come thru, I fancied him for a major this year after his early season form in America,should be more comps on courses like merion which prove length isnt only protection against low scores
Old June 17th, 2013, 16:05
talk sport tipster

Glad to see Rose win as hes been playing well for a few years now....

Bit Gutted Hunter Mahon managed to play the last three holes in FOUR over par including missing from 5ft on the 18th to finish in a tie for 4th which ment the E/W bet was halved....

I backed Duffner E/W at 250 to finish in first four and another half bet but if he didnt tripple the 16th he might just have won....