14:43
Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > Football > Football Predictions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Talksport Vs The Bookies

Old June 5th, 2008, 15:05
Dedicated Punter

Default Tricky

On paper these look like relative formalities for the two favourites - Turkey are not the team they were 4 or so years ago whilst the Swiss are arguably the weakest side in the group, but have home nation status to point to, which is always a massive plus.

Neither Portugal nor the Czech Republic will want to slip up in these games - both will know that an opening game win will make it theirs to lose to not qualify for the knockout phase, and both teams are fancied to progress deep into the tourney, so will want to hit the ground running it what should be fairly straight forward qualification for them both.

Its interesting that Bet365 make the Czech's only the narrowest of favourites to win the game, (13/8 v 7/4 Switz) - maybe this down to it being the opening game and Switz having home status, but I cannot see anything other than a Czech win here. 13/8 is value in itself IMO, but I have to agree with TheCaptains recommendation of a Draw/Czech win HT/FT forecast at 5/1 on B365 - we'll give the Swiss 45 mins to hold out the Czechs before class shows through.

I expect Portugal to win fairly comfy, though cant get excited by them at 8/11.

My vote - a la The Captain - Draw/Czech Rep HT/FT
Old June 5th, 2008, 15:24
numpty

Default swiss

have a fantastic defence

not conceded in last 4 games

and were the only team at 2006 world cup to not concede a goal in the whole tourny!!

plus they are at home, which is why czech are big price

we,ll be voting tomorrow what the bet will be

its looking likely draw ht czech ft @ 5/1

we,ll see if anyone else adds their input

and thnx to all that have added, im really looking forward to this
Old June 5th, 2008, 16:38
Ha'Way the Lads

I'm going for a pretty simple double on Czech win and Portugal Win @ 4.31 on Ladbrokes.

Would be worried about the HT scores as I'd expect a cagey start by all teams but over 90 mins (particularly from 75-90) surely class will prevail.

My Opinion, I'd go for HT draw/FT Czech but not with much confidence, think I'd prefer the "safer" option @100/30 (maybe better elsewhere) as the extra 1.69 (5/1) is a far more risky bet imo.
Old June 6th, 2008, 10:46
numpty

Default thnk you

to all who added their views

there is 3 choices to choose from for our "bet of the day"

could you please just pick one of the 3 and the one with the most votes will be our bet

could you also post you're views on sundays football also

as there is games everyday we are only going to have a short period of time to get our views in before the games kickoff

so if people could please give there views on the next days games when they place their vote

thank you

the 3 selections to choose from are............

ht draw, ft czech rep @ 6.00

ht portugal, ft portugal @ 2.62

portugal/c rep double @ 4.50

sundays matches are.................

austria vs croatia and germany vs poland

my best bets for these 2 matchs are.....................

croatia ht, croatia ft @ 3.00

croatia are a good solid team, i fully expect them to a win and think they will go at his game from the off

germany -1.5 goals @ 2.40 definatly see germany winning this, they are so strong when it comes to major tournaments, 1.57 on the win is abit short for value, so germany to win by 2 goals or more @ 2.40 looks a safe bet

like i said could you please add ur views on sundays football when u place you're vote for saturdays "bet of the day"

CAN ALL VOTES PLEASE BE IN BY 12.00 SATURDAY SO I CAN GET THE BET ON EARLY
Old June 6th, 2008, 10:55
numpty

Default my vote

i was going to go for portugal ht portugal ft but decided on abit of value and my vote is......

draw ht, czech rep ft @ 6.00

can see this game being a tight cagey affiar, its the 1st game of the tournament, neither team will want to lose. swiss have a good defence, they dont concede many goals, i think they can hold out till ht, but over 90 mins i think the czechs will sneak the win 1-0 maybe 2-0
Old June 6th, 2008, 11:07
Dedicated Punter

Quote:
Originally Posted by themanwiththeknow View Post
i was going to go for portugal ht portugal ft but decided on abit of value and my vote is......

draw ht, czech rep ft @ 6.00

can see this game being a tight cagey affiar, its the 1st game of the tournament, neither team will want to lose. swiss have a good defence, they dont concede many goals, i think they can hold out till ht, but over 90 mins i think the czechs will sneak the win 1-0 maybe 2-0
AGREED - my vote for (B) also

Sundays matches review to follow ASAP
Old June 6th, 2008, 13:51
Ha'Way the Lads

Quote:
portugal/c rep double @ 4.50
My Vote.
Old June 6th, 2008, 13:58
Ha'Way the Lads

Austria v Croatia

Solid Croatia win here for me, to win both halves @ 3/1 decent price.

Germany v Poland

I'll be leaving this match alone, I think Poland are a decent side and may cause Germany some problems, nothing of any value to bet on that i've seen.
Old June 6th, 2008, 14:33
Dedicated Punter

Default draw ht, czech rep ft @ 6.00

Right on to Sunday

Germany V Poland

Ok - I think Germany will win, but at 1.53 this is very skinny odds - Germany appear to have scored goals for fun in the Qualifiers, (13 against San Marino but then that was San Marino!) But they don't conceed many - That however, is qualifying.

In tourneys they seem to gear up to throttle the weakest side and then squeeze the life out of the other two games. I think therefore they will be out to clobber Austria. Against Poland they will not want to loose and I can't see Poland Scoring (they failed to score against the US in a friendly in March)

My Best bet is therefore 'Poland can't reply' @ 2.37 but a back up of the UNDER 2.5 @ 1.95

Austria V Croatia

Austria don't win many - and don't score many either - They also have a relatively sound defense by the looks of it. Croatia will be too strong for Austria and again I am tempted by the unders market but at 1.75 again there is no value here. Croatia at 1.9 seems to be a fair bet and therefore thats my recommendation for this game.

My best bet here is Croatia win at 1.9 but a back up of Croatia/Croatia HT/FT at 3.0 may have more value.
Just my thoughts.

Lee
Old June 6th, 2008, 21:34
talk sport tipster

Default Sorry been off line....

Havnt had time to really give this first bet much tought but im happy to go with the majority here ...

When will the next games be ?

I will give them my full thoughts.....

Thanks for this great idea and good luck us.............