Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > Football > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jose Mourinho on a 'Hat Trick'

Old September 17th, 2014, 15:10
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Wink Jose Mourinho on a 'Hat Trick'

Mourinho not under pressure

Jose Mourinho insists becoming the first manager to win the Champions League with three clubs is not his "obsession".

Mourinho was unable to steer Real Madrid to a 10th European Cup - something they achieved last term, in Mourinho's first year back at Stamford Bridge - after leading Porto in 2004 and Inter Milan in 2010 to the trophy.

"If I win it once more, to win with three clubs is unique," said Mourinho, whose Chelsea side begin their Group G campaign at home to Schalke on Wednesday evening.

"But even if I don't do it, how many top managers in the world have only one or even not a single one?

"The greatest in our country (Sir Alex Ferguson), he won it twice.

"Even if from this moment I don't win one more match in the Champions League, my history is there.

"I won it twice and I think that's fantastic. It's a question to be proud.

"If at the end of my career I've achieved that situation, then good, but it's far from being an obsession and it's not something that I think about a lot.

"I have the ambition to win it again, but in this moment I only think about 'don't play Europa League'. I want my club to succeed in the group phase.

"We have a championship of six matches and three opponents (in Group G) and we have to do everything to qualify."

Chelsea achieved the Holy Grail in 2012, becoming the first London side to win the tournament.

Twice last season the Blues beat Schalke 3-0 en route to the last four and they have begun the Premier League season in scintillating style, with four wins from four games.

"We are far from perfection," added Mourinho, who has a fully fit squad after Didier Drogba shrugged off an ankle knock.

"We did well (last season). I know that it's difficult to do better, but we feel we've got conditions to try to do better. We've got a better team, a better group."

Eden Hazard enjoyed a strong season last term and Mourinho has called on the Belgium playmaker to prove his talent as one of the greatest players of his generation.

The Blues boss expects Hazard, signed for a reported £32million from Lille in 2012, to agree a new contract despite having three years to run on his existing deal, as a reward for his ever-increasing influence in the team.

Mourinho was at times critical of Hazard last season, perhaps because he felt the forward was capable of so much more.

"His talent allows him to think about going from a top player to become one of the greats of his generation," the Portuguese added.

"We are very proud that he thinks Chelsea is the perfect environment for him to have that evolution.

"That's why he wants to commit to us and we want to commit to him for the future too.

"It will be a question of time, but it will end with a new contract."
Old September 18th, 2014, 17:25
talk sport tipster

Its obviously not an obsession otherwise he wouldnt have started with Drogba last night.......