Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > Football > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Yes it's Dave

Old November 7th, 2017, 12:25
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Cool Yes it's Dave

David Moyes named new manager of West Ham United (November 07 2017)

The Premier League club have announced the 54-year-old former Everton, Manchester United and Sunderland manager as successor to Slaven Bilic, who was sacked on Monday.

Bilic had been expected to see out the season with the Hammers but he was dismissed by joint-chairmen David Sullivan and David Gold after the 4-1 home defeat against Liverpool on Saturday.

"Do I have a point to prove? Yes, I think I do," Moyes told the club's official website.

"I've managed five clubs since starting out nearly 20 years ago, starting at Preston and then going to Everton. My period at Manchester United is well documented and I then did something I have always wanted to do by experiencing management abroad, with Real Sociedad.

"It's only been the last job where I feel it wasn't a good move and I didn't enjoy the experience. So I'm hungry to make sure I get things right now.

"The focus here is purely between now and the end of the season. The first thing is to win the next game and build from there, and I'm sure we will be in a much stronger position before long."

The club have not disclosed the length of Moyes' contract.

Sullivan told the club website: "I would like to welcome David to West Ham United.

"This is a unique position for David Gold and myself - it is the first time in almost eight years at West Ham United that we have appointed a new manager during the season.

"We need somebody with experience, knowledge of the Premier League and the players in it, and we believe David is the right man to turn things around and get the best out of the players at the club.

"He is highly regarded and respected within the game, and will bring fresh ideas, organisation and enthusiasm.

"He proved with Everton that he has great qualities and we feel that West Ham United is a club that will give David the platform to display those qualities again."
Old November 7th, 2017, 14:14
talk sport tipster

Quote:
"I've managed five clubs since starting out nearly 20 years ago, starting at Preston and then going to Everton. My period at Manchester United is well documented and I then did something I have always wanted to do by experiencing management abroad, with Real Sociedad.

No mention of the Sunderland job then ........

At least with Moyes taking over at West Ham its good news for Everton and Sunderland fans....

It wasnt the manager at West Ham that was the problem .....It IS the board.

Sold off their great ground instead of redeveloping it.....

Got the London Stadium for nothing and binned all the money.

Sullivan,Gold and Brady are only interested in themselves and not the fotball club..

Old November 8th, 2017, 15:01
Ha'Way the Lads

David Moyes is well past it as a manager, some absolutely awful decisions made during his tenure at SAFC.

If you're drawing 1-1 at home versus a relegation rival you do not make a defensive substitution with 10mins to go

Unless you're David Moyes !
Old November 9th, 2017, 15:36
Dedicated Punter

When he arrived he said he didn't see any reason why he couldn't do at Sunderland what he did at Everton, top 7 finish in his first year. After losing the first 2 games he then said we were in a relegation battle.