06:07
Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > General Sport Discussion > Talk Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

The Masters Golf...Starts Thursday.

Old April 8th, 2008, 14:28
talk sport tipster

Default The Masters Golf...Starts Thursday.

Now over the years i have done very well betting at this event and last year selected on Ladbrokes forum the winner Zac Johnson at 380/1/.

With Tiger so far out in front of the field over the last few months the EVEN money price to win here looks tempting but i still feel that even though most 0f the last twelve masters have been won by one of the top 8 in the betting there could be some value at longer odds.

Take away Tiger and the next few in the betting are comming into this years tournement not in the best of form.
PHIL MICKELSON hasnt finished in the top 20 in his last four outings, VIJAY SINGH withdrew from last weeks tournement after two top three finishes and Ernie Els is in nothing like the form he was two years ago, that leaves Padrig Harrington who has never played that well at Augusta and Retif Goosen whos comming back from Laser Eye surgery. Of the two Goosen would be my preference.

In my opinion i think its best to look at much larger priced players who could win but are more likley to place especially with most bookies giving first five places.

Firstly MIKE WEIR at around 80/1 is a past winner here and although over the last two years has lost his spot in the top 7 in the world has finished tied 5th in 2005,tied 11th in 2006 and tied 20th in 2007. Hes coming back into the form he showed in 2003 when he was champion and could be a big price come Sunday tee off.

The next selection is ANGEL CABBERA who won his first major last year and although not the straightest hitter Augusta is one of the few American major venues where you can get away with it from the tee and as we know Augusta has always been a big hitters course. At around 80 to 100/1 i feel we could get a run for our money backing him.

SEAN O' HAIR is a player i think is ready to break through to the major league and this year two top three finishes in his last three starts proves he a man in form. 125/1 is massive about a player who has the ability to win a major.

Lastly STEPHEN AMES not one of my favorite players but one that has the game to shoot very low scores when he gets on a roll and is one of the few players that the field would like to be chasing come the final round. At 125 to 150/1 im sure at some stage he will be around the leaderboard.

I still think Tiger will be right there come the final few holes Sunday but maybe shop around and see what odds are on offer for betting without Tiger as well as betting with him.
By doing this if Tiger is out of sight and everyone else is playing for second then theres great value if one or more of the selections are in the mix.

But im sure whoever wins we are in for some great golf and a most enjoyable four days, lets hope we are cheering on one of ours come late Sunday night...
Old April 8th, 2008, 16:16
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Talking Ian'crapper'Cox..the lazy git

Ian sent me a text (why the lazy git couldn't post here himself i dont know) Anyways his text says "Hard to see anyone but Woods win the Masters..(2.4 betfair)..Place chances for Mickelson, Singh,Olgilvy and Goosen ...... I'll leave you all in charge of this, me im definately not playing saving mine for a dog bet

glk benny
Old April 8th, 2008, 16:19
talk sport tipster

So hes going for the top five in the market? i agree with Woods but the rest are not great value in my opinion...
Old April 8th, 2008, 16:27
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Default I dont Know mate

Ive never seen the interest in having a bet that takes 4 days of pain, watching grown men chase a little white ball for miles, waste of time to me... If i was having a bet it wood be on Woods but wheres the value..nah i'll leave you guys in charge of this thread
Old April 8th, 2008, 16:29
talk sport tipster

Looooooool, ok m8 but dont say u wernt told when we are taking out satchels down the bookies Monday morning...:-)
Old April 9th, 2008, 18:06
talk sport tipster

Latest Betdaq prices.....

Cabrerra...........110/1

O Hair.............. 210/1

Weir................ 135/1

Ames................250/1

all win only at these prices
Old April 9th, 2008, 18:26
talk sport tipster

Default If you have the RED button

interactive on your tv.then tonight from 8pm you can watch the PAR 3 comp from Augusta.......ON BBC

always a good fun comp to watch..........but beware NOBODY who has won this has gone onto win the MASTERS.........
Old April 9th, 2008, 18:43
lee

yes mate will be watching and you've gone and done it now i was certain who i was gonna bet on and now you've thrown a spaaner in the works with your selections
Old April 9th, 2008, 19:33
talk sport tipster

Loooooooooool Lee just my fancies m8, have you selected a few for us?
Old April 9th, 2008, 19:42
lee

i have picked 2 players pre tournament and they are
henrik stenson
reitif goosen

i've just put a couple of small e'w bets on these 2 i like to see how the 1st day goes 1st i'll post my thought tomorrow on other picks