23:09
Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > General Sport Discussion > Talk Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

2009 US Open Golf........

Old June 14th, 2009, 11:57
talk sport tipster

Default 2009 US Open Golf........

Starts this Thursday with all four days coverage on Sky sports who have 8 hours the first two days and 6 hours the last two.....

The 2009 United States Open Golf Championship will be the 109th U.S. Open, and is scheduled to be played on the Black Course of Bethpage State Park on Long Island from June 18-21, 2009. This will be the second U.S. Open to be played at Bethpage Black; the first was won by Tiger Woods in the 2002 U.S

The US Open is renowned for its toughness with the course sure to be set up to suit only players who keep their ball on the fairways.......anything just off line is sure to be punished and with the greens promising to be lightening fast scoring will be hard ....

A very good mixed field from around the world will assemble and as usual Tiger will be a short priced fav to make it back to back victories not only after winning last year in a play off but also on this course...

We have had some great success over the last year with our golf bets and it would be great to know everyones thoughts on who they fancy this year.

As always im having FIVE against the field and will be studying it over the next couple of days and posting my fancies on Tuesday...

So lets have yours and hopefully we will find another big golfing winner....
Old June 14th, 2009, 12:01
talk sport tipster

Default A selection of our winners.....

2009 Players championships....

#6 May 6th, 2009, 18:17
Tony2005
talk sport tipster Join Date: Aug 2007

Should be a great four days golf..........Tiger woods backers should beware he hasnt finished in the top 10 here since his win in 2001 and he must be left alone this week.

Mickelson is another who has only won once on this course and this tournement usually goes to a big priced winner......

HENDRIK STENSON (50/1)...Has been a little hit or miss this year but plays this course well and is just the sort of player who could spring back to form in this.

IAN POULTER (80/1)...Although not one of my favs is playing really well at the moment and was right there last weekend until the final 5 holes.....Deserves to win something over the pond and knows how to win big after winning ate Amex a few seasons ago at Valderamma...

Result......1st....STENSON

.............2nd.....POULTER

2008 USPGA...

STEVE FLESCH (500/1 BETDAQ)..WHO...? i hear you ask...Well hes been playing well over the last few weeks and this is the major hes had the most succsess in over the last few years.A very underated player who i think could suprise a few this week and make the top 6 for a massive e/w payout..

Finished 6th for a massive 100/1 payout...

2008 US OPEN...

June 11th, 2008, 12:40
Tony2005
talk sport tipster Join Date: Aug 2007

Heres my thoughts...

TIGER WOODS..(7/2..WH/PP/BF) Not the most original tip and although hes has to be the greatest golfer ever... not a player i back normally but at the price ofered i think we would all be stupid not to get on....Tiger has won SIX times on this course including the last 4 Buicks and of course he has already won here this year by 8 SHOTS from a very strong field.
If he plays anywhere near that form this could be all over with 2 rounds to play.

Result......WOODS WINS 18 hole playoff.....

Last edited by Tony2005; June 14th, 2009 at 12:09.