22:40
Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > Poker > Poker
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Great performance Crapper..........

Old September 20th, 2007, 07:47
talk sport tipster

Default Great performance Crapper..........

Watched it on TV last night and very well played Ian, tough heat and some great poker played by all the last three players.
I know it was filmed earlier in the year but i look forward to watching your semi final heat and hope the result for you was the same.

Good luck...............Tony
Old September 20th, 2007, 10:00
Professional Gambler

Default Thanks Tony....

...it was a shame that the TV shows are so short, coz it was a very long game and the programme never gave a true indication of the way the game was really played.

I was constantly stealing from the cut-off against Jeff Rodgers with any 2 cards basically, coz I had spotted that he was playing way too tight (though to be fair he was pretty card dead, as was I at the time). You can see when they give the stats just before the heads up play starts just how aggressive I had been throughout, as indicated by the 'bet frequency' stats.

Thanks again m8...enjoy the semi in a few weeks,

Ian.
Old September 20th, 2007, 11:30
talk sport tipster

Default Yes i noticed

That you were playing aggresive but Bloom was running over the table at the start and Rogers i dont think played more then half a dozen hands that we saw.
What i tend to do is play tight which as i saw last night is not always the thing to do as by the time you start getting premium cards your short stacked.
Bit of a shame Devilfish went out so early because i think it would have been a different game if he had a fairly large stack, but of course from your point of view you must have been happy to see the back of him so early (and im sure a little smile from everyone that he got knocked out by the girl), give him a bit of credit for once he did take it well (or so we saw on tv)
Looking forward to the semis now.

GL............ Tony