Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Mark's your Man

Old June 9th, 2008, 20:09
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Default Mark's your Man

Monday 9th June 2008
From Mark Wallis Greyhound Forum by Mark

Saturday night's retired greyhound benefit meeting organised by W.O.W.A at Walthamstow was a great success, not only on the track where we had 8 yes 8 winners! but off the track as well with an enormous amount of money raised. Congratulations to Barrie Clegg and his team for their efforts on what was a sad night for all as this will be the last of these events at the stadium that they will do before it shuts and on reflection they can be proud of their achievements over the years in the unselfish way they have helped thousands of retired greyhounds. On a disappointing note I was furious that the original Arc trophy won this year by Centaur Decree was put in the auction by the Chandler family after I requested a few weeks ago that I would put a large donation to the retired greyhounds if I could have this superb trophy as a present to my Centaur syndicate as they were the last winners of this prestigious competition. And though none of us begrudge the Mildean boys for outbidding me, or the £2500 it made at auction, as they have also won the event before us, but surely as the last winners this would have been the right gesture from the stadium owners!

A lot of rumour and speculation as to what happens to our kennel after Walthamstow finally shuts their doors on August 16th is being said and I have been besieged with queries as to our future but I can state that at the moment nothing has been finalised and until I weigh up all our options and discuss them with my wife Sarah and my staff and owners first I will then make a decision, probably in July. I would most definitely say that our kennel will go all out to win the Trainers Championship this year but who knows sadly Imperial Kennels might not be around in 2009 if the right offer hasn't materialised by then.

Tuesday night at Oxford we could take another step towards realising our ambitions when both "Directors Chair" and "Coolanga Flyer" line up in the Cesarewitch final live on Sky and with kennel stars "Seanis Lad" and "Aero Blackjack" in action as well we will be hoping for a decent result.

As most of you know i'm a big Mark Wallis fan and think he could have a few winners on the night at Oxford (Tues)...However our old mate "Bower Turbo" takes on "Seanis Lad" and this could be close but "Seanis lad" should be to good

Updated by Benny
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shane_web_thumb.jpg (5.2 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by bennythedip2; June 9th, 2008 at 20:14.