19:20
Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > Football > Football Predictions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

goal line betting

Old December 31st, 2007, 11:14
numpty

Default thecaptain

2.5/3.0 means ur bet is split into 2 bets, so just say u put £10 on the overs goal line and the goal line was 2.5/3.0 what this means is £5 will be on the overs 2.5 and £5 will be over 3.0

this means u would need 4 goals in the game to win both bets, altho if there is only 3 goals, then ur £5 on the overs 2.5 would win (because 3 goals is over 2.5) and ur £5 on overs 3.0 would be refunded

so just say the odds on the overs 2.5/3.0 goal line was 2.00 (evens) 4 goals in the game would return u £20.00, but if there is only 3 goals ur return would be £15.00 (£5 at even money returns £10.00 plus ur £5 refunded on the overs 3.0)

if a game finishes on the goal line then all stakes are refunded, for example if the goal line is 3.0 and it finishes with 3 goals then ull be refunded because it wasnt over or under, its the same if the goal line is 2.0

a good goaline to look out of for is 2.0/2.5 if u think the game will be overs, just say u put £10 on the overs goal line @ 2.00 (even money) and it has 3 or more ull get £20.00 returns, but if the game manages to only get 2 goals ull only lose half ur money rather than it all, because £5 is on over 2.0 and £5 is on over 2.5, so ull only lose the £5 bet on the over 2.5 and the over 2.0 will be refunded

its a different scenario tho if u think it will be unders and the goal line is 2.0/2.5 because if it finishes with 2 goals then ur only going to win on the under 2.5 bet

betting on the 2.0/2.5 should only be done if u think the game will be over 2.5 goals, that way ur giving urself insurance of keeping half ur stake should things go wrong

2.5/3.0 goal lines are the bookies way of conning u out of money, they dont want to pay u full whack if there is 3 goals, they want u to have to hit 4 goals

as a general rule is only use the over/under 2.5 goals or the over 2.0/2.5

ladbrokes have now priced up all the games, go and have a look and see if u can make sense of it all

stan james and bet365 also do this bet
Old December 31st, 2007, 11:39
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Lightbulb nice one man !

Many thanks again ...benny
Old December 31st, 2007, 12:03
lee

right i've had a good look and i know what i'm doing i think
but i still don't know where to put my money lol
was thinking carlisle v's hartlepool as 5 of their last 6 meetings have ended with more than 2.5 goals
and
chester v's grimsby under 2.5 as 4 of their last 6 meetings have ended in less than 2.5 goals
on laddies that pays 3.61
guys let me know what you think not put the bet on yet so open to any critism
Lee
Old December 31st, 2007, 12:26
numpty

Default lee

carlisle vs hartlepool is a good shout for the overs, last 6 meetings have averaged 3.66 goals p/g and the last 3 at carlisles ground have also averaged 3.66 goals p/game

the chester vs grimsby is a tough one, chester havent been involved in an under 2.5 goals game since 17th nov, stretching back 7 games

and 12 out of the last 15 chester games have all been over 2.5 goals, this really is a 50/50, it could either go the way chester vs grimsby normally goes and end up in the unders or it could go the way chesters games have generally been running this season and be the overs

i dont want to discourage u from ur bet, id hate to say dont back the unders then it finished in the unders and the one u changed lost

im just giving u my opinion and i think there is better games out there to choose from
Old December 31st, 2007, 12:33
lee

thanks for your input will look for a more value bet on the second one do you know who you'll be putting money down on yet i'll go through the scottish card to see if any better value
i do appreciate your advice many thanks
Lee
Old December 31st, 2007, 13:03
numpty

ladbrokes havent priced up the scottish league yet, think its because they dont play till wednesday (2nd jan)

bet365 have them priced up

there is good value in the scottish league, i bet alot in there, normally full of goals

havent really decided who im going for yet, charlton v colchester, ipswich v west brom and southampton v watford all look good for the over 2.5

unfortunatly ladbrokes have the same opinion as me and have put the goal line at 2.5/3.0 (bastards)

bet365 have there goal lines set at 2.5 so i could be betting there for tomorrow

ill put up my selections later on this evening