Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > Football > Football Predictions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Predictions?

Old August 25th, 2007, 09:13
Totally biased football fan!

Default Predictions?

Good morning!

Any thoughts on this week end's fixtures? My/our saving grace is that there are still 35 games left. While i think of it, are any of you keen listeners to TAKSPORT the radio station? Do any of the ex pros wind you up with constant sucking up to the past and present players? Or is it just me?
E.g. will you ever hear Ray Houghton talk about Steven 'Two Foot' Gerrard, Micky Quinn mention about Alan 'the elbows' Shearer, Jason Cundy talk about Joe 'tumbling' Cole or Paddy Crerand mention about C. Ronaldo's antics, to be fair to the winker, he has dramatically cleaned up his act - is there an A in winker?

RED666
Old August 25th, 2007, 09:32
Ringing the Pompey Chimes!

Hi Red666

Ronaldo didn't seem to have cleaned up his act when he head butted Richard Hughes last week at Pompey, so yes, there is certainly an A in winker?!. Pity, because he is a such a fine player, a real treat to watch even for us on the other side and more worrying when we played you because we had a make shift defence and midfield, so handling top quality like Ronaldo was much harder.

Not too keen on giving predictions though, other than we will get stuffed today?!.

David
Old August 25th, 2007, 10:04

Hi PFan,

I've not seen the head butt incident due to being away on holiday or any of our 1st 3 games - just as well in view of the results! I was alluding to Ronnie's habitual cheating in the past rather than his act of utter stupidity and weather he made contact or not with the butt, he was quite rightly sent off!

We've had and still have cheats in my own club. I'm nearly at the point that every bad decision a club or a player gets they probably derserve it any way for their past and or future misdemeanours.

Football i believe is the beatiful game but it's riddled with cancer which manifests it self in cheating, greed and malice with intent but i still do 385 mile round trip between 20 and 25 times a season!

Any cheats in your team?

RED666
Old August 25th, 2007, 10:10
aviator

Want to talk about a cheat, I nominate michael Owen nasty little penalty box diver!
Old August 25th, 2007, 16:30

Hi Red666

I don't know of any cheats in our team, but I think Muntari will be booked a lot. I don't think he cheats, but a very heavy tackler and was sent off three times last season before he came to us. I think our referees will be even tougher.

As I thought, we lost to Chelsea today, although 1-0 is not disgrace I suppose at their place. We have another difficult away game next week at Arsenal, then home to Liverpool. Three very hard games.

David
Old August 25th, 2007, 16:58

Hi PFan,

I'm very confident i could list at least 4 or more cheats in every team in the prem. In my team i would list for starters Ronnie, Rooney, JS Park, Ole and i've seen Scholes take a dive albeit playing for England a few years ago.

I was rooting for your boys today!

Any way i'll be at OT tomorrow to hopefully see us get our 1st win!

I started in life with nothing and i've managed to keep hold of most of it
Old August 25th, 2007, 18:32
aviator

How much is a season ticket at old trafford this year?
Old August 25th, 2007, 18:34

Hi Red666

Yes, it does happen.

I wonder how these cheats would fair in the old days when players got away with tackles they never would today, hard men like Norman Hunter or Nobby Stiles, or going back further to great Pompey players like Jimmy Scoular, a tough little Scot who took no prisoners, in the team that won the league twice in a row in 1948/9 and 1949/50.

We were the Chelsea's and Man United's of today then, the best team in the land. I don't think they cheated then, just very skilful and hard. Many would hardly ever play today because they would always be banned. That was when footballers were men, not soft cheats?!. I wonder how todays' so-called superstars would cope when the ball istelf was as hard as nails, as well as other players.

One of our players of the Championship years Duggie Reid, kicked the ball so hard, he scored even if it hit the keeper. Both keeper and ball ended up in the back of the net. He also broke a few nets and goal posts. These balls were also laced which hurt like hell itself when it hit you.

They have it really cushy now, and paid a fortune where stars of the past got very little?!.

David

Last edited by Pompeyfan; August 25th, 2007 at 18:40.
Old August 25th, 2007, 20:45
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Default Did someone want someone sorting ?

This fella would make sure they dived properly ! "Up ya go fella, get up i didn't touch ya" !! Julian Dicks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jdicks%20cartoon.jpg (4.0 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by bennythedip2; August 25th, 2007 at 20:50.
Old August 25th, 2007, 22:06

My season ticket went up to £627 this year from £570. 3 seasons ago it was £437. Evan at £627 it was good value however due to my club's new season ticket policy and football generally taking the piss out of us fans, i've not renewed it this season. It broke my heart to give my season ticket up, but enough is enough!

United's new policy is that all season ticket holders have to join the automatic home cup scheme. This means that you will be sent and charged for all home cup games, even if your not able to make the game. Bear in mind most cup cup games are mid week-Champion league, carling cup and FA replays- and we had 11 cup games last season, 7 of them mid week, total cost over £375. Plus their was no provision to send the tickets back and be refunded for them if you were unable to make the game. I believe due to pressure they have now made provision for tickets being returned, provided the game is a sell out and you loose 25% of the refund. Also for good measure my car park pass went up from £135 to £230 for the season and the meal in the suite was bumped to £25 from £17.

Were does it stop? Is the next policy to make us pay for all away games up front 1st?

So it was with a very heavy heart that i declined my club's invitation to renew my season ticket. I'm still regretting!!

By the way i had 2 awsome seats in tier 2, 10 seats from the front behind the goal in the Stretford End!!!!!

I'm now a club member - there's 172,000 of us that are entitled to apply for 10,000 tickets. thats on top of the 55,000 season ticket holders!

So far so good, i've got tickets for Spurs tomorrow and Sunderland next Saturday, just waiting for the Chelsea ballot.

I started in life with nothing and i've managed to keep hold of most of it