Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > Football > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

There ya go 'Herbie'

Old October 11th, 2017, 23:06
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Talking There ya go 'Herbie'

Paul Scholes is one of the leading contenders for the Oldham job after reportedly being interviewed by the Sky Bet League One club.

The Manchester United legend was initially priced up as a 20/1 outsider in Sky Bet's 'next Oldham boss' betting following the departure of John Sheridan in the wake of a 5-1 hammering at Rotherham towards the end of September.

Two years ago he turned down the chance to take charge at Boundary Park and told The Independent back then: "One day I believe I'll manage Oldham, who are very close to my heart. This was the right job at the wrong time.

"They are a really good family club who mean a great deal to a lot of people - myself included. I just did not feel this was the right time. When I go into management, I want to do so with 100% commitment. At the moment I have a lot of responsibilities and things going on in my life that I cannot simply drop immediately."

He is not short of responsibilities at the moment, being a co-owner of Salford City alongside former United legends Ryan Giggs, Phil Neville, Gary Neville and Nicky Butt, while he also works as a pundit for BT Sport.