Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > General Sport Discussion > Talk Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Kvitova: wins Wimbledon Title Again

Old July 5th, 2014, 15:08
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Default Kvitova: wins Wimbledon Title Again

Tearful Petra Kvitova dedicated her second Wimbledon title as an early birthday present to her father Jiri.

Kvitova saw off Eugenie Bouchard 6-3 6-0 in a 55-minute Centre Court demolition on Saturday, to seal her second grand slam title in emphatic fashion.

The 24-year-old added to her 2011 title, then offered thanks to her father, who celebrates his birthday on Sunday.

"I'd just like to say hello to my dad who has a birthday tomorrow," said Kvitova.

"I just really wanted to be here again to receive the trophy, and I did it.

"It was a tough match; it means a lot to be here again to receive this trophy a second time."

Kvitova previously admitted she struggled with the weight of expectation after winning her first grand slam title at Wimbledon as a 21-year-old in 2011.

Three years on she now hopes he can harness her second title for a fruitful grand slam future.

"I hope so, it's my second title, so I hope I can handle it," she said.

"I can say that it's more special because after three years it's absolutely amazing.

"Hopefully it's going to be good for everybody at home of course."

A disappointed Bouchard met defeat with perfect grace, hoping to channel her first appearance in a grand slam final towards future success.

"First of all I'd like to congratulate Petra, she's played fantastically for the last two weeks," said Bouchard.

"It was really tough for me today but I'm proud of how I've played this whole tournament.

"I've loved every minute at Wimbledon.

"I feel like it's a step in the right direction, I don't know if I deserve all your love today, but I really appreciate it."