View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2016, 11:50
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Default 2nd Round Greyhound Derby heats

We see the start of the 2nd round Greyhound Derby heats tonight (Thursday 12th May)

For me this years Derby is all about last years winner 'Eden The Kid' and having seen his first round heat last week (race video above) i've no reason to change my mind having backed him before the event started ..
Tonight he's priced at 10/11 in the 8.42 race (T4) and that'll do for me 1st . get in 5/4 .

So we're down to 96 runners in the William Hill Greyhound Derby as the second round kicks off at Wimbledon tonight.

We were treated to a fantastic three nights of action at Plough Lane last week as the Classic got underway in style and there were plenty of performances that caught the eye.

One of them was the dominant success of Jaytee Dutch (T3) and Paul Hennessy's charge is fancied to follow up at 8.58 this evening. 1st .. 6/4

Third in the Irish Puppy Derby last year and runner-up in the Gold Cup at Shelbourne in February, he is clearly a top-class sort but his trainer admitted beforehand it was touch and go whether he would line up in the Classic after a troubled preparation.

That makes his three-length victory over East Anglian Derby hero Do It For Twiggy in an excellent 28.24 all the more impressive and he should strip fitter for that pipe-opener.

With not a great deal of early speed on his inside, he can blaze trail in the white jacket again and hold the late challenge of last year's finalist Making Paper.

Another Irish raider fancied to make it two from two in the event Peregrine Falcon (T3), who goes in a tricky heat at 8.26 but looks up to the task. 2nd . 5/2 .. shade unlucky

The 2015 Irish Derby finalist also made the decider of the Easter Cup at Shelbourne in March and kicked off another big competition campaign in style with a three-length romp last Friday.

There is no margin for error with fellow heat winners Charity Buster and Viking Jack to his right and the speedy Clondoty Alex on the rails, but Pat Curtin's inmate is a class act and can turn in front with a level break.

With the potential of earlybirds You Never Listen, Bockos Bolasie and My Real Mutley doing each other no favours in a battle for the lead on the rails at 7.54, Yassoo Martin (T6) could get a dream passage out wide. 0 ..missed the break -out

The lightly-raced November '13 dog confirmed his love of the South London track when landing the odds in his heat on Saturday, once again showing a smart burst of speed to the corner.

That first run for two months should have done him plenty of good and a return to the striped jacket is also in his favour.

For those of you having a bet good luck, and for me it's all about 'The Kid' .

Last edited by bennythedip2; May 12th, 2016 at 20:47.