Thread: Towcester
View Single Post
Old October 21st, 2014, 15:35
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Default Mark Wallis (Oct 21st)

Mark Wallis view

Towcester is still very much in the Greyhound news and we are counting the days down until the first trial session provisionally booked for around November 11th.

There are huge expectations for the Greyhound world of a gala meeting on the 13th but I think the first ever meeting on the 6th December should create massive interest. Talk of other tracks closing because of the opening of Towcester typifies the doom and gloom that our sport has faced over the last decade or so.

Surely it's time for other promoters to step up to the mark and take Towcester's lead in bringing our sport into this current century. I warned two years ago that unless something is radically changed many tracks would find both a shortage of Greyhounds and Trainers not to mention the owners who have been treated very poorly for far too long.

For some promoters closest to Towcester they may use them as an excuse to succumb to the property developers, sad but very true. On a plus side I hear some other Horse Racing tracks are looking very closely at what happens at Towcester.

To me the whole financial issues of our industry can go a long way to being resolved if we can cut a good deal with the rights to selling Greyhound racing pictures and live streaming abroad. One wonders though have we got the right people in charge to get the best deal possible for the industry.

Bennys view Well said Mark