View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2015, 15:17
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Talking Deflate-Gate at the NFL

NFL probe 'Deflate-gate' .. January 20 2015

The NFL is investigating claims that match footballs may have been deflated for the New England Patriots' win over the Indianapolis Colts.

The Patriots won Sunday's game 45-7 to reach the Super Bowl. The suggestion that balls may have been tampered with was first reported by Indianapolis-based television station WTHR.

Deflating a ball can, but will not necessarily, make it easier to catch. The investigation has been dubbed 'deflate-gate' on social media.

Patriots coach Bill Belichick said: "We'll co-operate fully with whatever the league wants, whatever questions they ask us."

Quarterback Tom Brady told radio station WEEI-FM: "I think I've heard it all at this point. That's the last of my worries. I don't even respond to stuff like this."

The Seattle Seahawks await New England in the Super Bowl, which takes place at the University of Phoenix Stadium on February 1.

Seattle will be looking to become the first team to successfully defend a Super Bowl title since the Patriots won in 2004 and then again 12 months later.