View Single Post
Old November 7th, 2014, 15:22
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2

West Ham duo win awards

West Ham duo Sam Allardyce and Diafra Sakho have won the Premier League Manager and Player of the Month awards for October. ..

Allardyce led the Hammers to three wins during the month, over QPR, Burnley and Manchester City and has taken them to fifth in the table, level on points with Arsenal.

“The personal pleasure is being able to pull a new team together as quickly we have done, and that’s not just down to me personally," said Allardyce.

“But as the head all departments in football at our club I think that, for us and particularly my backroom staff, the most pleasing thing overall is being able to fit new players into a team that’s enjoying their football at the moment and getting some exceptionally good results.”

Sakho scored three goals and made one assist during the month but admitted the award came as something of a shock.

“I’m a bit surprised," he said. "I’d like to thank everyone that’s helped me along the way, especially here and also earlier in my career at Metz.

“At the start of the season it was quite hard but that makes me even happier now I’ve managed to win this award, but the most important thing is for me to help the team continue to do well.”