View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2016, 23:56
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Cool I'm still with 'The Kid' - but

Prior to the start of the Derby Eden The Kid was very much a member of my short list and he still deserves to be up there near the top.

But it is difficult to understand the thinking of the layers in having Eden The Kid as short as 11-2 favourite for the William Hill English Derby with fastest qualifier Ballymac Matt at 7-1 and the two Jaytee runners Dutch and Jet together at 12-1.

Yes, Eden The Kid was very impressive when winning his second round heat but as the competition gets tougher he is quite likely to be further back in the early stages.
Can you see him giving a three or four length lead to Ballymac Matt or one of the Jaytee dogs or the much maligned Droopys Roddick?

Granted, the luck of the draw is going to play a very big part from here on and I must say the Irish challenge appears to be getting stronger all the time. This year, remember, our top fancies are all strong stayers and they won’t concede leads easily!

Top prices on offer are: 11-2 Eden The Kid, 7 Ballymac Matt, 12 Jaytee Dutch & Jaytee Jet, 14 Droopys Roddick, 16 Droopys Latina, 18 Domino Storm, Hiya Butt, 20 Southfield Jock.

Do you notice anything?
Not a mention of Peregrine Falcon, Lenson Sanchez or Lenson Rocky!
They are all available at 25-1 and that could represent a little bit of value judging by weekend performances.