View Single Post
Old November 5th, 2017, 18:10
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Default "David Moyes for West Ham?" Really ??

David Moyes on link with West Ham United (November 05 2017)

David Moyes has confirmed he is interested in taking over as West Ham manager, with incumbent Slaven Bilic expected to learn his fate on Monday.

Bilic is facing the axe following the 4-1 home defeat by Liverpool on Saturday evening and Press Association Sport understands he is set to meet joint-chairman David Sullivan.

Ahead of those crunch talks Moyes, the former Everton, Manchester United and Sunderland boss, used a television appearance to make it clear he was standing by to take over.

"I'm interested, yes," he told beINSPORTS.

"I've had no contact from West Ham but I've always said I want to go back into club management. If the right opportunity comes around I'd be interested."

The Scot did show some empathy with Bilic, despite effectively touting for his office.

"For me to get back in it means another manager is going to have to lose their job and I wouldn't wish that on anybody," he said.

"He (Bilic) must be hating it and wanting to get a result as soon as he can. So if it becomes available, yes, but at the moment it's not available."

Asked if he might be managing again after the forthcoming international break, he added: "I really don't know. I hope so."