Thread: GUKPT Plymouth
View Single Post
Old September 10th, 2007, 21:49
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Default yes bally

Yes Lee your right(59k) but there was a bonus 10k + 3k entry to the main event final in London and a swanky watch (worth a few quid i guess) not a bad couple of days work.....
Yes Lee after i had posted the thread, Ian phoned me, told me how much he enjoyed the event and how some of the hands were played out. The point is this, we both agreed there a lot of players who could win this kind of tournament.
The key factor's in any game is "confidence", "timing" , "patience", and above all, a little "lady luck" on your side. We all know that by luck we mean having your big hands hold up (no outdraws) and winning your share of the marginal hands, also by luck it could be you've picked up a monster and someone does the betting for you (how sweet is that ) !!
Ultimately Lee, there are times when you sit at the table and you can feel the game coming your way, you can feel your playing well, then you feel yourself in "The Tube" (a surfing term for riding the big wave and entering the tube, and your surrounded in the tunnel of the ocean wave )
I know you have the game to go all the way, accept the beats we all get them but with confidence, patience and a little bit a lady luck you'll find yourself one day in the event, and in, "The Tube" !! Good luck Barry