View Single Post
Old November 29th, 2010, 20:24
Serious Punter

Default CT's Good, Not Bad and Ugly Cricket Bets

Just thought id start my own little section regarding some of my "good" or probably "not so good" Betting tips if you all fancy a bit of cricket betting.

Australia vs England (2nd Test)

Top Australian 1st Innings Runscorer

Good Bet - Ricky Ponting 7/2 on Paddy Power - What can i say about "Punter", tremendous captain when he bats in a "Geoff Boycott im in it for myself" mode, but his tenure as captain will be all but over if England retain the Ashes for the first time down under since 1986/87 (And wouldn't it be funny if he cries like Kim Hughes did when he stepped down as Aussie Captain! )

Not Bad Bet - Steve Smith 16/1 on Paddy Power - More of batting all-rounder then a bowling one and he made 59 and 0 when a very poor Australia A side got thumped 10 wickets by England in the first tour match of the winter schedule but after Mitchell Johnson's very feeble effort with both bat and ball in the 1st test at the Gabba, i can honestly see Johnson being replaced by Steve Smith and it would certainly bolster what looks in my opinion a very weak Aussie batting tail.

Ugly Bet - Mitchell Johnson 50/1 on Paddy Power - Makes Mike Whitney look very good against Sir Ian Botham at Old Trafford in 1981! . If on a very long shot Johnson is in the side for the 2nd test then to stay in the squad he would have to take 5 wickets and score at least 70 runs but i cannot see that happening and he could well join an illustrious list of very average left-arm fast bowlers that have played for Australia!.