Thread: Predictions?
View Single Post
Old August 26th, 2007, 19:28
Ringing the Pompey Chimes!

Talking of George Best, I think he was the greatest player that ever lived. My reasoning for that is that he was able to ply his silky skills on pitches no better than a ploughed field. We have come a long way these days during the winter at higher levels with pitch technology, but other great players like Pele played on better pitches due to the country they lived in which were better than ours due to their weather. That is my argument anyway?!.

Havig said that, when Robert Prosineki, the best ever Croatian, came to Pompey for one season, he did things with the ball I have never seen anybody in a Pompey shirt do, or indeed anybody. He made players look completely stupid with pure magic, nutmegging them and scoring great goals or putting the ball directly into Crouches head at long distance. He helped Crouches career a lot by scoring a lot of goals for us thanks to Prosineki. He has never been the same since?!. But that was on a good surface. Besty could do it on any surface which is why he was so special in my opinion.

David

Last edited by Pompeyfan; August 26th, 2007 at 19:33.